• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Blogersodear given up on new basketball coach?

I've gone to the help section but haven't been able to find the answer to THIS question.

Is there an easy way to cross-reference your Followers to those you follow?

Thanks.....

Last week I got suckered into checking out a new format on LinkedIn that lists contacts by date of last contact with the contact. I really don't like it that way and would like to put it back to reverse alphabetical.

My question is does ANYONE know how to do this?

I've tried to figure it out. I've even sent two emails to their help desk. Nothing...

Thanks.....

I just started using Google Chrome.

Where do I find delete cookies and temp internet files?

Thanks..

I think I know the answer to this question and it's I can't do what I want to do what.

Here goes.

I've received WELL OVER 100 emails that I need to respond to nearly all in a similar fashion. I was wondering if there was a way to be able to put them into a file to make a list without actually taking the time to create the list

Thanks....

Hi, Can anyone create a forum like for this for their own use?

Basically I'm asking is this an open source template that anyone can access?

Thx...

I disagree with both of these takes. It's literally the opposite of a nepotistic hire in my opinion. He's 22-4 at UNC-G this year and has them inside the top 100 in KenPom. That's pretty damn good to me.

It's pretty clear to me that any coach we hire is going to get 4-5 years since two of the worst coaches in ACC history have gotten at least that.

I also obviously disagree with you Ph that 1-5 are bad reasons (since I listed them and they are a big part of the criteria I'm using to assess who we could hire). Going over them quickly:

1. Of all of them this is the one I can part with the most. Even a 55 year old could be here 15 years without a problem if he's successful. The fact that he is SO young is what is a decent selling point to me.
2. You may not think it's a "great criteria", but it's a realistic hurdle if the buyout amount reports are correct.
3/5. Understanding the ACC and specifically Wake Forest and the academic minded institution we are is important in my mind in being successful.
4. NC is nicknamed the Hoop State for a reason. If we were in Minnesota then "regional recruiting ties" wouldn't matter as much, but since he's been around the area at UNCG it's very likely that he's a familiar face. This coupled with his age are two things in his favor for the recruiting trail.

Earlier this week, I posted the Kenpom rankings of SoCon the last 8 seasons. In every season except 2014 and 2016, the top team in the conference was in the Top 100. Making the Top 100 isn't particularly impressive. Somebody's got to win these weak conferences. That team will probably end up in the Top 100. By contrast, Oats has Buffalo at #28 right now. There hasn't been a Top 50 MAC team since Akron in 2007. There hasn't been a Top 30 MAC team since Kent State's Elite Eight run in 2002.

Any coach we hire is going to get 4-5 years. That's true. So why are we obsessed with having a 15 or 30 year coach? We need someone who can right the ship right away.

Earlier this week, I posted the Kenpom rankings of SoCon the last 8 seasons. In every season except 2014 and 2016, the top team in the conference was in the Top 100. Making the Top 100 isn't particularly impressive. Somebody's got to win these weak conferences. That team will probably end up in the Top 100. By contrast, Oats has Buffalo at #28 right now. There hasn't been a Top 50 MAC team since Akron in 2007. There hasn't been a Top 30 MAC team since Kent State's Elite Eight run in 2002.

Any coach we hire is going to get 4-5 years. That's true. So why are we obsessed with having a 15 or 30 year coach? We need someone who can right the ship right away.

Plenty of conferences don’t have top 100 teams but overall I get your point. Anyone who is critical of Miller can’t be a Kelsey fan IMO (not aimed at you PH just in general)

Agreed. Miller's track record is better than Kelsey's.

Hiring either would be settling and should only be acceptable if we strike out with more proven coaches, which we shouldn't completely if the job is sold correctly

Sure. I think if we hire a mid-major coach, it needs to be a coach who greatly outperforms his conference norms. Otherwise, it's just a guy who had his turn winning in a weak conference.

Sure. I think if we hire a mid-major coach, it needs to be a coach who greatly outperforms his conference norms. Otherwise, it's just a guy who had his turn winning in a weak conference.

Who are these coaches in your opinion?

I listed Oats as a home run hire if we could land him.

For how long? What does "outperform" mean?

I would like to see these names. In today's day and age anybody who is above their league for 1-2 years gets swooped up pretty quickly.

Hiring either would be settling and should only be acceptable if we strike out with more proven coaches, which we shouldn't completely if the job is sold correctly

HUH???

Kelsey:

Assistant at Wake (P6)
Associate HC at Xavier (P6)
127-75 (52 games over .500 as HC)

Miller:

ZERO P6 experience
131-113 as HC

Miller's historical record and experience aren't close to Kelsey's .

Musselman and Oats obviously the two best mid-major options. Easily could argue Grant>Miller. Turner probably about equal. Kelsey is similar to Miller, but I don't see Wellman going with any of the old gang post-Dino. USF guy is the only one mentioned previously I'd put into a category below Miller. Not sure who came up with him. 17 is a good amount of names. Who else is on there?

HUH???

Kelsey:

Assistant at Wake (P6)
Associate HC at Xavier (P6)
127-75 (52 games over .500 as HC)

Miller:

ZERO P6 experience
131-113 as HC

Miller's historical record and experience aren't close to Kelsey's .

God. Stop.

No it’s not. Kelsey has a much better record and has been as assistant at WF and Xavier. He has also proven that he can recruit well at WF.

Kelsey's results at Winthrop really haven't been all that great considering he took over a program that dominated the big south before he was head coach. Plus the UMass thing was extremely flaky.

What part of that is wrong?

Am I not allowed state my opinion if it differs with yours?

Back