• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Blogersodear given up on new basketball coach?

Just fails to contextualize.

I’m vehemently against hiring Kelsey. It wouldn’t be a good hire at all.

Musselman and Oats obviously the two best mid-major options. Easily could argue Grant>Miller. Turner probably about equal. Kelsey is similar to Miller, but I don't see Wellman going with any of the old gang post-Dino. USF guy is the only one mentioned previously I'd put into a category below Miller. Not sure who came up with him. 17 is a good amount of names. Who else is on there?

USF guy? That’s Brian Gregory who was fired by Tech. Do you mean Johnny Dawkins at UCF? He’s a failed P6 retread.

The Big South is a really bad, weak conference as well. Winthrop has spent the past decade as by far the top program in the conference. Kelsey has extended that to a certain extent, but he’s hardly dominated it

Plenty of conferences don’t have top 100 teams but overall I get your point. Anyone who is critical of Miller can’t be a Kelsey fan IMO (not aimed at you PH just in general)

I agree with this. Miller is above Kelsey imo. Only possible downside of Miller over Kelsey is that he hasnt been an assistant on a P6 program (aka recruiting is likely different). I don't really think Miller would have trouble recruiting to Wake.

Kobe and Keyshaun Langley were good gets for him in the SOCON.

Kelsey's results at Winthrop really haven't been all that great considering he took over a program that dominated the big south before he was head coach. Plus the UMass thing was extremely flaky.

Ron Wellman is not going to hire Kelsey. Wellman trashed Dino Gaudio with a despicable whisper campaign after Gaudio was let go, and to bring on anyone affiliated with Prosser would be a concession that he screwed up. And if we know one thing about Ron Wellman: he is loath to ever admit he made a mistake.

For how long? What does "outperform" mean?

I would like to see these names. In today's day and age anybody who is above their league for 1-2 years gets swooped up pretty quickly.

Outperform means what I posted.

I’ll run some simple analysis and get back to you with teams that outperformed.

Outperform means what I posted.

I’ll run some simple analysis and get back to you with teams that outperformed.

Right, but beating the mean by 5 spots on KP doesn't mean very much. I think it's going to take more than "simple analysis" to ascertain what this means, which is why I was asking for a definition.

USF guy? That’s Brian Gregory who was fired by Tech. Do you mean Johnny Dawkins at UCF? He’s a failed P6 retread.

If he has Ohio connections, I think he'd be at the top of the leader board.

Bud loves to bitch about a free website that doesn’t deliver content to match his schedule

I say we hire young Odom and get it over with. Retain Randolph, bring back GDO, Rusty and Timmy D.

As underwhelmed as I am by both Kelsey and Miller, both are probably far better than the choice that will ultimately be made by Wellman. Sigh.

Back