• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has Blogersodear given up on new basketball coach?

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Nothing about potential coaches since Wes Miller piece. Have the given up on evaluating potential new coaches?

Last edited:
I hear if we beat UNC that Manning will be given a five-year extension!!!!

Article will be up sometime soon (hopefully the next few days). The next article is the longest given the number of coaches. These take a long time to research and write.

Nothing about potential coaches since Wes Miller piece. Have the given up on evaluating potential new coaches?

Why don't you go to his website and check? If no answer, you can comment on the latest piece or the Wes Miller piece and ask him that way.

For more - how to use the internet stuff - start a new thread and title it - HOW DO I USE THE INTERNET? - and ask all your questions there related to Instagram, Facebook, Venmo, hell even Paypal and Dropbox. I am sure there are smart folks on here under 70 who can help.

Actually I’ll have to see if I know anyone affiliated with “bloogersodear” first and then get back to you. As for BSD, the article will be up in the next couple days.

The list has 17 more coaches I'm looking into (not counting the final article, which will have 3-4 more). Breaking the next section down into two articles to help each article not be so long.

The first one was 3,000 words, and it's hard to get time to write on weeknights. Working on it this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Should get two up this weekend.

From there I'll write the "Red Flag Tier" and the "Outside-The-Box Tier".

It's only been five days since the last one came out.

Thanks for checking in.

Why did you rush to get the first two out if the other two weren’t ready?

It seems like BSD is endorsing Miller.

There wasn’t really a rush, it’s just easier to crank out articles overall on weekends. Overall didn’t figure there was a big rush at all since Manning isn’t going anywhere until after the season.

And i would say that overall BSD writers favor Miller overall.

Because I run the website and write when I can, and schedule it the way I want to.

The staff does overwhelmingly endorse Miller.

Favor Miller meaning best most reasonable option or favor Miller overall?

Favor Miller meaning best most reasonable option or favor Miller overall?

He's makes the most sense as a realistic candidate:

1. Age
2. Possible financial constraints we will be dealing with
3. ACC ties
4. Regional recruiting ties
5. Ties to Wake
6. Enthusiasm

If we can get any of the guys in the top tier that I wrote about then I would take them over Wes, but I have no idea how realistic that is at all - guessing slim to none on all of them.

He's makes the most sense as a realistic candidate:

1. Age
2. Possible financial constraints we will be dealing with
3. ACC ties
4. Regional recruiting ties
5. Ties to Wake
6. Enthusiasm

If we can get any of the guys in the top tier that I wrote about then I would take them over Wes, but I have no idea how realistic that is at all - guessing slim to none on all of them.

No one over there sees any red flag with hiring the son of a major donor? Then again, our program is basically Nepotism U at the moment.

Given the possible outcomes, of which Wes figuring it all out and becoming an excellent coach who leads Wake back to the top of the ACC would seem the least likely, what we end up with is a guy who is either failing miserably like the last two coaches, or who is only really capable of making Wake a middle of the pack ACC team. Even if he fails miserably, he'll get AT LEAST 5 years since Manning did. If he just gets Wake to the middle of the pack, I fear he could be here for decades. If we're going to hire young, unproven coaches, we need the flexibility for the next AD to dump them quickly until we find the right one. We can hire someone with as good or better resume, without the baggage, IMO.

Back