• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kaepernik/NFL reach settlement

Sounds like the price of Kaep and Reid's right to free speech is somewhere between $40-60M

I'm fine with them getting paid, however if you don't think this doesn't lessen their cause then you're wrong.

It has no impact on their cause which has taken off since they started.

The NFL should take a hint from the NBA. Silver doesn't penalize players for social action. He encourages them.

It has no impact on their cause which has taken off since they started.

The NFL should take a hint from the NBA. Silver doesn't penalize players for social action. He encourages them.

You're comparing apples to oranges. There aren't many MAGA hat wearing NBA fans, whereas there are a ton of MAGA hat wearing NFL fans.

Several others have summed up my thoughts better than I did. He's making himself far more money with this settlement and his new endorsement deals than he would have continuing to work and be a sub-par QB. That's pretty ridiculous to me.

But again, he does seem like a pretty genuine guy, who will hopefully use this life-changing money to do a lot of good for his causes (and others).

Because the NFL owners are that way. Given the scarcity of their product, they wouldn't lose anything if they played it off as nothing happening.

I haven’t seen anywhere that Reid is going to stop kneeling or that Kaep is going to stop advocating for social justice.

The NFL can’t force teams to sign a player. A settlement was really the only resolution in Kaep and Reid’s favor. The fact an owner who wasn’t part of the blackballing just signed Reid to a 3 year deal basically sealed the deal.

Dude wasn't blackballed. Broncos offered him around $7.5M a bit ago. He just thought he was worth more than that. His skill at the time did not warrant. He was not great or even decent. By that time the whole social media frenzy was already working in CK favor. He did himself a favor financially in the long run. He's painted himself in being a martyr but in reality he is an opportunist.

No one is gonna pay a mediocre backup QB $20 million a year. You NPCs just can’t seem to grasp that.

+1

The stupidity really pours out of the red hats when it comes to Kaep.

The offer from the Broncos was pre-protest/pre-collusion.

But, as I'm sure you know, facts aren't exactly important to the anti-Kaep crowd. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw22gmxmAfAmZ9QfsochNl_c&ust=1550424215332532

Eat shit. I'm not racist. I would have said this abut any player over person using the same methods to satisfy their agenda.
I also sat in these types of rooms for a number of years where strategies were manufactured, framed, and spun. Super athletes and mega celebs so I know a thing or two.
Left wing, right wing - it doesn't matter.

Eat shit. I'm not racist. I would have said this abut any player over person using the same methods to satisfy their agenda.
I also sat in these types of rooms for a number of years where strategies were manufactured, framed, and spun. Super athletes and mega celebs so I know a thing or two.
Left wing, right wing - it doesn't matter.

In the modern era I don’t think any athlete has approached Kaepernick when it comes to social justice

Muhammad Ali, Venus/Serena Williams come to mind.

Well I was excluding Ali with that. Not sure about th Williams sisters, but I am positive that this settlement money will be used to further a lot of good causes while racist fucks think he’s just trying to get himself paid.

No one is gonna pay a mediocre backup QB $20 million a year. You NPCs just can’t seem to grasp that.

A no name league in which John Wolford is the best QB certainly would consider it.

I don't think it lessens their cause.

Didn’t Reid call Malcom Jenkings an Uncle Tom for essentially doing the exact same thing? Also in Jenkings case the money went to charities and not Kap and Reid’s pockets.

Back