• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kaepernik/NFL reach settlement

Facts don’t matter here

lol, they clearly don't. Not to people claiming Kap got a Broncos offer. Not to whatabout, who thinks the situations were "essentially the exact same thing."

Lotta racists showing their asses on here.

lol, they clearly don't. Not to people claiming Kap got a Broncos offer. Not to whatabout, who thinks the situations were "essentially the exact same thing."

That word clearly has lost all meaning these days. Just a word to use when you have exhausted rational argument.

No one is gonna pay a mediocre backup QB $20 million a year. You NPCs just can’t seem to grasp that.

A no name league in which John Wolford is the best QB certainly would consider it.

If the reports that the AAF is paying players $250,000, then $20 million would be more than the total player payrolls of three teams combined. That would not mske economic sense.

If you are calling Kap an "opportunist" for settling a collusion case with his former employer, I'm gonna call you racist. Sorry that pisses off so many racists.

If you are calling Kap an "opportunist" for settling a collusion case with his former employer, I'm gonna call you racist. Sorry that pisses off so many racists.

Opportunist is incorrect, as I don’t think he started this looking for a pay day, but he certainly has a price.

Have they said the money is going in their pockets? Nevertheless good chance it doesn’t given their charitable work.

Opportunist is incorrect, as I don’t think he started this looking for a pay day, but he certainly has a price.

And wtf does "he certainly has a price" mean? If you couldn't earn money from what you are skilled/trained at during your prime work years, you'd have a price too.

That is really clever. No one can disagree with you without outing themselves as a racist. Pretty sharp for someone who legitimately thinks the best form of government is the one responsible for the most poverty and slavery.

That is really clever. No one can disagree with you without outing themselves as a racist. Pretty sharp for someone who legitimately thinks the best form of government is the one responsible for the most poverty and slavery.

lol, what?

And wtf does "he certainly has a price" mean? If you couldn't earn money from what you are skilled/trained at during your prime work years, you'd have a price too.

I’m assuming the settlement will come with confidentiality agreements, which will legally silence the two on several subjects. So in essence they have sold their freedom to speak out completely and transparently. I just don’t think it’s a good look. Should have gone to court and outed the corruption of league if they wanted real change to occur.

Hopefully their proceeds do go to charity, that would be a positive.

You just sound ignorant.
Throwing the 'R" card out because I don't agree with you. Lame.

So, he shouldn't get his fair settlement for the NFL stealing his future from him for doing nothing wrong?

It's more like the NFL had a price they knew they would have to pay for their illegal actions.

You just sound ignorant.
Throwing the 'R" card out because I don't agree with you. Lame.

Did you ever come back to say that you were wrong about him getting a contract offer?

I'd be interested to hear your take on why Malcolm Jenkins is a sell out and what Kaep did wasn't.

For the record I don't think either of them are selling out, this is America if people throw you cash, take it. wgaf money is money.

I'd be interested to hear your take on why Malcolm Jenkins is a sell out and what Kaep did wasn't.

For the record I don't think either of them are selling out, this is America if people throw you cash, take it. wgaf money is money.

I didn't call Jenkins a sellout. But you said the situations were essentially the same thing. Do you understand now that the situations were indeed quite different?

Back