• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kaepernik/NFL reach settlement

For the record I don't think Kaep was blackballed by the NFL. I think NFL owners just don't want their fanbases torn apart and their teams turned into a media circus distraction over a backup QB.

I would rather go 4-12 with Peterson, than 8-8 with Kaep and not have my team turned into a shitshow by the media and fans. Pretty basic math but whatever.

For the record I don't think Kaep was blackballed by the NFL. I think NFL owners just don't want their fanbases torn apart and their teams turned into a media circus distraction over a backup QB.

I would rather go 4-12 with Peterson, than 8-8 with Kaep and not have my team turned into a shitshow by the media and fans. Pretty basic math but whatever.

Their fanbases would not have been torn apart. There would have been a couple of weeks of BS and then it would calm down.

But the fans have no problems with wife or girl beaters.

Their fanbases would not have been torn apart. There would have been a couple of weeks of BS and then it would calm down.

But the fans have no problems with wife or girl beaters.

I think you underestimate how pissed off the Rubes are.

Also the wife beaters still love America so it's cool, duh.

If they win a couple of games, they won't care. Elway is douchebag anyway...

This is a weird thread. No one knows anything about the terms of the settlement. People settle cases all the time when they still believe they are 100% in the right.

If they win a couple of games, they won't care. Elway is douchebag anyway...

How about when they lose games? Still doesn't matter?

It's almost always a question of talent vs baggage. If you are good enough (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees), you can say anything and no one cares. If you are a borderline talent and want to work, you probably should tow the company line. It's the same in any line of work. If you are making the company enough money, they will put up with your shit.

Kap had a value but it was less than his cost plus baggage.

So you’d rather lose than win with someone who disagrees with your beliefs. Damn.

So you’d rather lose than win with someone who disagrees with your beliefs. Damn.

I believe his was quoting this as a view of ownership who might well prefer to lose more games over dividing a fan base. The difference between 8-8 vs 4-12 might be acceptable.

The difference between 12-4 vs 8-8 would likely not be acceptable. If Kap could get a team to 12-4, he could probably kneel during the game.

How about when they lose games? Still doesn't matter?

It's almost always a question of talent vs baggage. If you are good enough (Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees), you can say anything and no one cares. If you are a borderline talent and want to work, you probably should tow the company line. It's the same in any line of work. If you are making the company enough money, they will put up with your shit.

Kap had a value but it was less than his cost plus baggage.

TITCR

I'd be interested to hear your take on why Malcolm Jenkins is a sell out and what Kaep did wasn't.

For the record I don't think either of them are selling out, this is America if people throw you cash, take it. wgaf money is money.

Jenkins called for the end of the protests.

Kap and Reid ended their collusion suit. Reid has not ended his protest.

Two very different actions

But the “baggage” was bullshit manufactured by a bunch of dumbasses.

The money component not being discussed is the legal fee side of things. I think it’s projably true that the settlement drops their cred for a good number of folks and I personally would love to see the NFL’s dirty laundry aired, but NFL also has the resources to drag this out for a long ass time and drain Kaep (who isn’t poor, but not billionaire rich) of his resources. Happens all the damn time.

I believe his was quoting this as a view of ownership who might well prefer to lose more games over dividing a fan base. The difference between 8-8 vs 4-12 might be acceptable.

The difference between 12-4 vs 8-8 would likely not be acceptable. If Kap could get a team to 12-4, he could probably kneel during the game.

Yeah that was clearly what I was saying. If Kap was viewed as a QB that could instantly make a team a contender then he would have been picked up.

Yes, moron. In April 2016... and he didn't start kneeling until August 2016.

Yet you say:

Dude wasn't blackballed. Broncos offered him around $7.5M a bit ago. He just thought he was worth more than that. His skill at the time did not warrant. He was not great or even decent. By that time the whole social media frenzy was already working in CK favor. He did himself a favor financially in the long run. He's painted himself in being a martyr but in reality he is an opportunist.

What do you not understand, except the concept of time?

Last edited:
You can tell people to eat dicks all you want, it won't help you be more factually accurate. That article was from April '16. He sat for the anthem in August '16.

He was riding the pine in August in SF.
His time was done.
Pivot all you want. Doesn't really change anything.

This perfectly shows the lack of morals of MAGA people and the lack cajones of NFL management. It's perfectly OK and forgivable to beat innocent, helpless women on tape, but God forbid you exercise your 1st Amendment rights peacefully to protest.

Disgusting,. but expected.

He was riding the pine in August in SF.
His time was done.
Pivot all you want. Doesn't really change anything.

I'm not blind to your issue re: dates being factual. That is fine and I can own that. That said, if everything you're saying has to be based on fact than you have to be able to back it up with facts on your end. What concrete proof is there that he was black balled? Settling a case does mean there was wrongful doing.

Yeah that was clearly what I was saying. If Kap was viewed as a QB that could instantly make a team a contender then he would have been picked up.

I’m not sure how that makes your case. Like 95% of NFL contracts go to players who don’t instantly make a team a contender. It’s still discriminating against someone due to their beliefs to give contracts to shit players like Nathan Peterson before Kaep.

Back