• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kaepernik/NFL reach settlement

Kap opted out of his contract in 2017 and then sued the nfl because nobody would sign him. Makes a lot of sense....

In the modern era I don’t think any athlete has approached Kaepernick when it comes to social justice

What has he accomplished for Society? He'd rather be a Martyr than a starter. 60 million and no sacks taken

What has he accomplished for Society? He'd rather be a Martyr than a starter. 60 million and no sacks taken

He's given away over $1M of his own money to local charities that directly help people.

His protest has led the NFL to create a $70+M fund to work with local groups about crime and other issues.

His protest created a large national discussion on criminal justice reform.

These are just the obvious results. But that's not enough for you. MAGA 76, eh?

When he started this, he had no idea if he'd ever get any money or another job. That's the definition of courage.

RJ, Kanye got Trump to push for sentencing reform. The NFL spent the money to calm things down. How was that million have was spent? How many hands did it pass through before it got to someone who needed it? Can you tell me what said when he started this. I'm not political, I'm skeptical.

Why are you skeptical?

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/...-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/11/49ers-flashbacks-cloud-coach-kyle-shanahans-debut/
The SBnation site has him sitting in civies the first two pre-season games of 2017. He sat in uniform for the third. The SJMN article stated the Brian Hoyer had "a grip on the starting jobs". SBNation says that two days after the third preseason game, CK gave vague reasons for his protest. Police brutality was one, but he gave no specific occurrences. Why didn't he do this when he was a starter? He didn't take a knee until Sept. 1st. When others joined in, the Niners couldn't cut him. They ended up keeping him on the roster and paying his 8 figure salary.
I don't have a MAGA hat, but I do have a Diogenes lantern.Just ask Jussie Smollett.

RJ, Kanye got Trump to push for sentencing reform. The NFL spent the money to calm things down. How was that million have was spent? How many hands did it pass through before it got to someone who needed it? Can you tell me what said when he started this. I'm not political, I'm skeptical.

He gave out amounts money directly to the needy groups.It took him over a year. Each group was checked out. Unlike his adversary Trump, Kaep delivered the money and the money was his.

Kanye happened long after Kaep got the discussion started.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/...-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/11/49ers-flashbacks-cloud-coach-kyle-shanahans-debut/
The SBnation site has him sitting in civies the first two pre-season games of 2017. He sat in uniform for the third. The SJMN article stated the Brian Hoyer had "a grip on the starting jobs". SBNation says that two days after the third preseason game, CK gave vague reasons for his protest. Police brutality was one, but he gave no specific occurrences. Why didn't he do this when he was a starter? He didn't take a knee until Sept. 1st. When others joined in, the Niners couldn't cut him. They ended up keeping him on the roster and paying his 8 figure salary.
I don't have a MAGA hat, but I do have a Diogenes lantern.Just ask Jussie Smollett.

So you’re skeptical that police brutality even exists? It’s still unclear what you’re skeptical about.

PH, look at what Ray Lewis did in Baltimore after the Freddie Gray death in a police van. He walked out in to the crowd and calmly talked to people. He was effective. If he was angry at Trump, then say so. The flag and the Anthem are the common denominator for all American's. It would be like burning the flag because you hate Carolina. There's more to this than just CK. Check out this clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsFi2a_rjlk

So what are you skeptical about?

The whole point of a protest is to make people uncomfortable. It’s not just supposed to take place under some narrow set of parameters.

The whole point of a protest is to make people uncomfortable. It’s not just supposed to take place under some narrow set of parameters.

And Kaep did the least uncomfortable thing possible.

I think his demotion on the depth chart is why he became a SJW. I couldn't find anything he said before August '17 about this.

PH, the niners didn't cut him in '17. He made his money. He walked out in '18 and sued. Nike gave him a bundle too. What did he "sacrifice" on the way to the bank. He made more money than Brady did.

Back