• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kaepernik/NFL reach settlement

Wow, he made somebody uncomfortable. Chris Long did more handing out his game checks. Each of the 31 runners-up to the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award accomplished more than CK. His agent is looking forward to his 3% cut of what ever contract he signs. Will he still kneel? Will police widows counter protest? That's a good look for the NFL

Wow, he made somebody uncomfortable. Chris Long did more handing out his game checks. Each of the 31 runners-up to the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award accomplished more than CK. His agent is looking forward to his 3% cut of what ever contract he signs. Will he still kneel? Will police widows counter protest? That's a good look for the NFL

You are showing your true colors.

76, can you explain what you're skeptical about?

Also can you explain why kneeling during the national anthem makes you more uncomfortable than police violence?

I think it's crazy how people think Kaep silently, privately protested to draw attention to himself, when he's barely been on camera since he's been out of the league except for the Nike ad.

Last edited:
76, can you explain what you're skeptical about?

Also can you explain why kneeling during the national anthem makes you more uncomfortable than police violence?

I think it's crazy how people think Kaep silently, privately protested to draw attention to himself, when he's barely been on camera since he's been out of the league except for the Nike ad.

Can you expand upon "police violence"? I know there have been a number of officers killed within the past 12 months.

PH, what incident did CK state was the reason why he started this? If you look back at his interviews, he's very vague. The Baltimore incident happen 2 years before. Ferguson Mo. was before that and was debunk by the state attorney general. When he had his starting job, he kept his mouth shut. Shanahan shows up and he's on the bench. He's made millions since. I will say its a stroke of genius, but its easy to doubt his sincerity.

PH, what incident did CK state was the reason why he started this? If you look back at his interviews, he's very vague. The Baltimore incident happen 2 years before. Ferguson Mo. was before that and was debunk by the state attorney general. When he had his starting job, he kept his mouth shut. Shanahan shows up and he's on the bench. He's made millions since. I will say its a stroke of genius, but its easy to doubt his sincerity.

He had no clue he'd make any money. The reality is it was far more likely he'd lose all chances for future income because of his actions. He understood this and did it anyway. Until more than a year after his first kneeling, Kaep had no real income.

You simply hate Kaep. It's obvious in every one of your posts.

I don't understand this question. You seem to think he was protesting a single event as opposed to a persistent problem in our society.

I don't understand this question. You seem to think he was protesting a single event as opposed to a persistent problem in our society.

Can you cite hard facts that indicate a concerted and consistent effort on behalf of police to oppress minorities? If you can, which is possible, can you also provide hard facts of the number of officers killed in the line of duty within that same period of time? And, of those killed in the line of duty, can you provide the number that were acting in an unlawful manner to oppress someone or to do harm?

Thanks.

Can you cite hard facts that indicate a concerted and consistent effort on behalf of police to oppress minorities? If you can, which is possible, can you also provide hard facts of the number of officers killed in the line of duty within that same period of time? And, of those killed in the line of duty, can you provide the number that were acting in an unlawful manner to oppress someone or to do harm?

Thanks.

What types of facts would be sufficient for you? We have an entire thread on the Tunnels about this. It's a decent enough recap of the last few years of discourse on this.

Wrong. He was never on Shanahans roster. He opted out in March of 17, and the 49ers qbs going into shanahans first season were Brian Hoyer, and CJ Beathard, then they traded for Jimmy G in season.

Why did he do this only when he lost his starting job? Baltimore happened while he was starting, and he did nothing. He still could have stayed in SF but he opted out for FA.

Wrong. He was never on Shanahans roster. He opted out in March of 17, and the 49ers qbs going into shanahans first season were Brian Hoyer, and CJ Beathard, then they traded for Jimmy G in season.

You are correct, it was '16 he took the knee, ah it seemed like yesterday.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/11/...-anthem-protest-seahawks-brandon-marshall-nfl https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/11/49ers-flashbacks-cloud-coach-kyle-shanahans-debut/
The SBnation site has him sitting in civies the first two pre-season games of 2017. He sat in uniform for the third. The SJMN article stated the Brian Hoyer had "a grip on the starting jobs". SBNation says that two days after the third preseason game, CK gave vague reasons for his protest. Police brutality was one, but he gave no specific occurrences. Why didn't he do this when he was a starter? He didn't take a knee until Sept. 1st. When others joined in, the Niners couldn't cut him. They ended up keeping him on the roster and paying his 8 figure salary.
I don't have a MAGA hat, but I do have a Diogenes lantern.Just ask Jussie Smollett.

Jessie Smollett? The guy who will soon be arrested? That Jessie?

The results provide evidence of a significant bias in the killing of unarmed black Americans relative to unarmed white Americans, in that the probability of being {black, unarmed, and shot by police} is about 3.49 times the probability of being {white, unarmed, and shot by police} on average. Furthermore, the results of multi-level modeling show that there exists significant heterogeneity across counties in the extent of racial bias in police shootings, with some counties showing relative risk ratios of 20 to 1 or more. Finally, analysis of police shooting data as a function of county-level predictors suggests that racial bias in police shootings is most likely to emerge in police departments in larger metropolitan counties with low median incomes and a sizable portion of black residents, especially when there is high financial inequality in that county. There is no relationship between county-level racial bias in police shootings and crime rates (even race-specific crime rates), meaning that the racial bias observed in police shootings in this data set is not explainable as a response to local-level crime rates.

Ha! You took the bait. Threw ONE out there that didn't find racial bias seeing if someone would pick up on the rare study that didn't find racial bias while ignoring the overarching studies that do find bias.

Back