• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kaepernik/NFL reach settlement

In my day we didn’t even need police we just formed a mob and took care of things ourselves if you know what I mean, now get off my lawn.

Can you cite hard facts that indicate a concerted and consistent effort on behalf of police to oppress minorities? If you can, which is possible, can you also provide hard facts of the number of officers killed in the line of duty within that same period of time? And, of those killed in the line of duty, can you provide the number that were acting in an unlawful manner to oppress someone or to do harm?

Thanks.

You are a confused person.

PH, what incident did CK state was the reason why he started this? If you look back at his interviews, he's very vague. The Baltimore incident happen 2 years before. Ferguson Mo. was before that and was debunk by the state attorney general. When he had his starting job, he kept his mouth shut. Shanahan shows up and he's on the bench. He's made millions since. I will say its a stroke of genius, but its easy to doubt his sincerity.

Pretty sure he was pissed that he was not starting and did not feel like standing for the national anthem. Somehow it morphed int a movement that included kneeling instead of just slumping on the bench.

Hard to take the high road while wearing cop-pig socks.

At least you all stopped pretending this was about the flag.

You are a confused person.

No. I believe I was simply asking for facts. Which you obviously have none. And apparently neither does our esteemed sociology professor. But, hey, let's not let facts get in the way.

Here’s a start. Google the following: “shooting of unarmed black men statistics”

I would go to images first since there are plenty of graphs/charts, thus making it easier to comprehend.

Imagine being so clueless you put quotations around police violence.

Not to excuse excessive use of police force by any means, but most normal citizens don't carry guns as part of their jobs, investigate crimes, chase criminals, get shot at, etc. Not really fair to compare cop stats to nationwide/citywide stats. I would be curious how many of those 1000 killed were unarmed though.

Anyways, #tothetunnels.

Yeah, a lot of those people the cops killed were actively trying to kill them or someone else. It's not just a bunch of traffic stop shakedowns. They go out everyday looking for people who commit crimes.

sonic the hedgehog is the only blue life that matters.

*honk honk*

giphy.gif

Oops.

@WSJ: NFL paid under $10 million to settle Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid's grievance that claimed the players were blackballed over anthem protests

Sorry that I didn’t have the foresight to shoot down publicly leaked info. My bad.

Back