• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Good get. If he can come in and be a solid #3 that would be the floor.

Push Gausman to the bullpen and have him come in and throw his best stuff for one inning. Hope Folty can rebound.

Per Boras, Keuchel has been throwing 95 pitches every 5 days in simulated games. First rehab start tomorrow, so we will get a sense how long he's gonna take depending on his innings. DOB says enough money to still add a reliever and it is looking like the deadline will be a buyer's market given half the divisions are already wrapped up.

Dallas Keuchal to the Bravos

Before this news broke I was wondering if Touki would be returned to the rotation soon as part of a plan to occasionally give Fried and Soroka an extra day of rest. It may still happen but the urgency is not as great now.

Teheran has actually been decent the last month. He has gone 1-1 with a 1.59 ERA his last seven starts. Folty (1-4, 6.10 last 7 starts) and Gausman (1-3, 7.50) have been abysmal.

Julio has had a very good year so far. Only 2 bad starts (out of 14) and his May was ridiculous.......in 5 starts he only allowed 12 total hits (.128 avg) w/ era & whip of 0.98. After another strong outing today he's yet to allow a run in 2 June starts.

Back to the top of the division and Keuchel had a good "warmup" last night in Rome. Ready for the Phils to come to town this weekend.

Gausman probably sealed his fate last night. I guess Folty has one more start to reclaim the lead in the race to the bullpen.

I think Folty would be a sick closer.

Give him one inning to throw 101 consistently with some good offspeed stuff. Accuracy doesn't have to be perfect with that stuff.

Do they want Kuechel to start one of the last games of the homestand next week (Wednesday) or start him next weekend on the road? Wednesday may be aggressive the more I think.

I feel like the Braves have to gauge the market for Donaldson before the deadline. Riley is raking, Culberson is hitting .354 on the bench, and Ender and Camargo are still there.

Fun stat: Riley has 3 more RBI than Donaldson in 119 less ABs (26 vs 64 games played).

Who are you wanting to play instead JD? Having those other guys play full time would be disastrous.

Who are you wanting to play instead JD? Having those other guys play full time would be disastrous.

How? Once Camargo started playing full time at 3rd last year, were his numbers any worse than Donaldson's? Without looking it up, I would bet not.

I'm not in the trade Donaldson camp, but his numbers aren't justifying his pay. I hope he learns how to hit something other than a poorly located fastball, though.

Camargo's numbers last year were better than Donaldson. And Ender played full time all last year. How would either be "disastrous"?

Donaldson: .236 .351 .422 .773
Camargo: .272 .349 .457 .806

I think the “trade him, we’re paying him too much” argument is not valid. He’s on a one year deal, his pay is not prohibitive this year nor will it be next year. I’ll be the first to say that we need to find Johan some more at bats, but I don’t think it is at the expense of JD. He’s still getting on base at pretty good clip. Johan isn’t even the first bat off the bench at this point in the season.

Back