• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

yeah, better be up 11-0 every game after starter leaves in 6th so the bullpen can have adequate cushion in giving up 6 or 7 runs in the last 2-3 innings. Jackson is beyond awful as is Tomlin. They all suck. No one can get anyone out. IN all 3 games vs Twins the bullpen gave up multiple last inning runs. Is there not one arm out there that can pitch without giving up multiple hits, walks and runs? Nats have upgraded their pen and now Braves have absolutely the worst bull pen. With Nats starters and their pen we may surrender the lead unless offense can continue putting up 7 runs per game.

yeah, better be up 11-0 every game after starter leaves in 6th so the bullpen can have adequate cushion in giving up 6 or 7 runs in the last 2-3 innings. Jackson is beyond awful as is Tomlin. They all suck. No one can get anyone out. IN all 3 games vs Twins the bullpen gave up multiple last inning runs. Is there not one arm out there that can pitch without giving up multiple hits, walks and runs? Nats have upgraded their pen and now Braves have absolutely the worst bull pen. With Nats starters and their pen we may surrender the lead unless offense can continue putting up 7 runs per game.

I'm not ready to give up on the pen yet, especially not the newer guys. Melancon has been really strong since we picked him up, Swarzak was awesome to start the year, and seems to have settled back down. Jacob Webb is throwing in the minors, and I hope we call him back up soon. He was dealing early in the year.

The pen doesn't have a lock down closer but its biggest weakness is our manager. Somehow we played a series with a DH and got no regulars a rest in the field.

The pen doesn't have a lock down closer but its biggest weakness is our manager. Somehow we played a series with a DH and got no regulars a rest in the field.

That was odd. Why have adequate fielding (and poor hitting for Camargo) backups as DH?

Odd post. I mean I guess it could have been handled differently but we took a series on the road against a division leading club. Freddie had just had a game off, and we're playing replacements for injured Dansby and Nick...we two platoon the catcher spot. And our other guys aren't old enough to drink yet. I'd say our shitty bullpen is a way bigger problem than our manager and resting players.

By far our most expensive pitcher having an ERA approaching 5 is becoming a fairly serious problem...

I'm flashing back to 1982 when the Dodgers made up 10 games on the Braves in the last 2 months and it came down to the Giants bailing out the Braves on the final day. IIRC, Joe Morgan put the Giants ahead with a homer late in the game and they held on to beat the Dodgers, giving the Braves the Western Division title by a game.

I'm flashing back to 1982 when the Dodgers made up 10 games on the Braves in the last 2 months and it came down to the Giants bailing out the Braves on the final day. IIRC, Joe Morgan put the Giants ahead with a homer late in the game and they held on to beat the Dodgers, giving the Braves the Western Division title by a game.

I remember that well. The Braves basically stole the NL West in April by winning their first thirteen games. I was at Fulton County Stadium for the 14th game, which they lost to the Reds.

I also remember a Joe Morgan interview prior to that final weekend Dodgers/Giants series in which he said, “The Dodgers aren’t gonna win the West.”

A legendary effort from this bullpen to blow the game, capped by a ridiculous pickoff attempt.

That was pitiful. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs with this bullpen. Such a waste of a great offensive lineup.

I want a closer who throws heat. Greene is I guess someone painting corners. I don't get it.

That was a horrible loss. The new additions have been pretty unlucky. As Braves, .500/.400/.643 BABIPs against for Melancon/Martin/Greene.

That was a horrible loss. The new additions have been pretty unlucky. As Braves, .500/.400/.643 BABIPs against for Melancon/Martin/Greene.

I hope no one the Bravos gave up turns out to be a stud as we got hot garbage foe whomever we traded. Just horrible. I think we have only had maybe 2 clean innings of our new pitchers out of all the innings they pitched.

Time to go back to Luke Jackson experiment unless we have some one in minors that can step up?

Another crazy 9th as Luke J gives up 3 hits but gets bailed out by 1st hitter being aggressive and going for 2nd 🤩🤪

He must not be aware of the disaster that is Braves bullpen as ludicrous to be aggressive on pads as 1st hitter when u know our bullpen is glorified BP😩

Gave up prospects and money to end up using Luke in the 9th

Can’t really believe AA couldn’t get SF to throw money in on Melancon next year but nobody they gave up will come back to haunt us.

Back