• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Donaldson has it going now. The 2-4 give us a quality at bat every time through.

While Ender is not playing great, Camargo has graded out slightly positive in LF in an extremely small sample and I haven't seen him look lost out there. So far he has taken 3 starts from Ender and 1 each from Donaldson, Swanson, and Markakis.

The next time Snitker pulls a starter out way too early, especially with a decent lead, Freddie Freeman should punch him in the face.

There is no more obvious match in the world than the 2019 Atlanta Braves bullpen and Craig Kimbrel. Surely there is a way to make this happen.

Please AJ Minter is beyond horrible. He's the worst I've seen in a long time. They can blow a game in the first 3 pitches once they come in. It's hard to believe there isn't someone that can do better than Sobotka (3 batters faced - 2 HBP and a walk) then Minter who immediately gives up a home run, double and walk. pathetic

I know Minter put up good numbers last year before he was hurt, I just personally can't recall ever seeing him pitch a clean inning. And, with Vizcaino out, I just don't see how the Braves can get by without another arm at the back end of that pen. I'm not generally in favor of spending big money on a closer, but where the Braves are pretty well set in the lineup for the next few years (assuming Austin Riley will take over 3B and Pache or Waters in the OF) and have a billion young SPs, a Craig Kimbrel reunion would make a lot of sense, especially if he's eager to pitch again for Atlanta.

I posted the above like 5 minutes before the Vizcaino news broke. I stand by my post.

They need Kimbrel in the worst way. Up 5-2 after 6 last nite Fried comes out and immediately the bullpen gives up at least one run in each of the last 3 innings for a total of 7. It's going to be the norm. None of them can pitch a clean inning. I'd option Sobotka out immediately as he sucks everytime he pitches. They have no reliable arms down there. None.

Biddle has no command. Get this clown back to the minors. 3 walks and an error in one inning. What an absolute joke.

Went to the game tonight. It was my first visit to SunTrust, and it was great. Chop House seating (sections 157-160) is the way to do it.

We need help in the bull pen. Sign Kimbrel. Do it now.

2 nights in a row we've simply given game away due to inability to throw strikes in late innings. 2 hit batters, 4 walks, an error on the pitcher leads to 2 straight losses in late innings due to piss poor pitchers who have no business being on a major league roster. Minter, Biddle, Sobotka none can get the job done. Constant base runners, trouble, wildness, just tired of watching it. I can't see how Snitker can stomach putting those guys in a game. They wouldn't know a 3 up 3 down inning if it bit them in the ass.

more of the same bull pen woes again today. Sobotka gives up 3 runs in 7th.

Last edited:
Shaping up to be a really bad series and we got good starting pitching. Kluber and Bauer the next two days.

If a couple of the young starters get straightened out, I would be in favor of using them in a rotating piggyback situation like you see in the low minors.

Would love for a stat nerd to find out when the last time any team (particularly a home team) has been swept with their starting pitchers giving up a total of 5 runs or less. Unreal.

This weekend was looking pretty bleak through 8 innings of game 2 Saturday night; turned out to be a pretty nice series in the end though.

BBiddle at it again.......3 walks, no one retired

Back