Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1334

Thread: 2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: spring training

  1. #141

  2. #142
    Riley called up. Ender hurt.

  3. #143
    Been wondering if Ender has been dealing with an injury. He and Markakis have basically registered the same Sprint Speed this year. Ender's down to 26.3 from 27.9 ft/sec a year ago.

    So Riley will be in outfield? Would have been nice to get him more than 36 IP in AAA. He has been red hot but has always taken time to adjust to a new level.

  4. #144
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,658
    Sounds like Acuna will move to center and Riley play left.

  5. #145
    Welcome to the show Austin Riley! 438 ft. home run in second at bat.

  6. #146
    Soroka goes 7 scoreless. Winkler walks 2 on 8 straight pitches. Classic 2019 Braves.

  7. #147
    Culberson is ridiculous. It seems like he gets a XBH every time he comes up.

  8. #148
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,658
    The Baby Braves showed out last night.

  9. #149
    Hopefully, Soroka's shoulder trouble is completely behind him. Newk seems to be thriving out of the pen. Need Folty to return to form and we're going to have to manage Soroka and Fried's innings wisely. Still think Snit is a bad manager, Sunday's tactical miscues the latest example.

  10. #150
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,206
    I went to sleep after the 8th inning. Ugh.

  11. #151
    Jackson has had rough luck in back to back blown saves. He's had a nice year so far but Snit needs to manage the pen like we have no closer.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Jackson has had rough luck in back to back blown saves. He's had a nice year so far but Snit needs to manage the pen like we have no closer.
    8 blown saves on the year, we don't have a closer.

  13. #153
    So when Ender comes back assume he goes to bench and you stay with the Austin Riley in OF experiment??? He seems to be playing at a very high level and not sure how you can sit him unless he starts to struggle. And Ender wasn't really having a great year anyway at the plate.

    Can Braves acquire other help after the Swarzak trade? Not sure he is the answer.

  14. #154
    Riley in his first 29 ABs: .367, 1.206 OPS, 4 HR. Incredible.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    So when Ender comes back assume he goes to bench and you stay with the Austin Riley in OF experiment??? He seems to be playing at a very high level and not sure how you can sit him unless he starts to struggle. And Ender wasn't really having a great year anyway at the plate.

    Can Braves acquire other help after the Swarzak trade? Not sure he is the answer.
    I am of the opinion that the Braves are a strong contender for Kimbrel, after the draft. Obviously, losing a draft pick, and more importantly for the Braves, losing the signing bonus pool money, is what is keeping the Braves, and other teams, from going after Kimbrel now. The question is how high the bidding is going to go for Kimbrel and will the Braves be willing to spend the money.

  16. #156
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,887
    Quote Originally Posted by GaDeac View Post
    I am of the opinion that the Braves are a strong contender for Kimbrel, after the draft. Obviously, losing a draft pick, and more importantly for the Braves, losing the signing bonus pool money, is what is keeping the Braves, and other teams, from going after Kimbrel now. The question is how high the bidding is going to go for Kimbrel and will the Braves be willing to spend the money.
    I agree. The Braves desperately need Kimbrel.

  17. #157
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,658
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Riley in his first 29 ABs: .367, 1.206 OPS, 4 HR. Incredible.
    Another HR today and the game winning RBI in the 13th. Kid is off to an amazing start.

  18. #158
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,206
    Quote Originally Posted by GaDeac View Post
    I am of the opinion that the Braves are a strong contender for Kimbrel, after the draft. Obviously, losing a draft pick, and more importantly for the Braves, losing the signing bonus pool money, is what is keeping the Braves, and other teams, from going after Kimbrel now. The question is how high the bidding is going to go for Kimbrel and will the Braves be willing to spend the money.
    Draft pick loss is off the table soon right?

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by timdunkandthefunk View Post
    Draft pick loss is off the table soon right?
    I believe both the draft pick and bonus pool money loss goes away after the draft, so another week and a half. However, something like 20 teams are waiting for that loss to go away, thus the reason the bidding will pick up for Kimbrel.

  20. #160
    Crazy with all the bullpen drama we are still 28-23 and 7-3 in our last 10.

    DOB pointed out how some of MLB’s best teams have equal, if not more, blown saves than the braves (e.g., Dodgers)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •