• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Snit going with a brand new lineup yesterday and then sticking with it today is... umm... interesting?

Great plate discipline by Acuna during that AB to drive in the run.

Speaking of plate discipline- Ozuna, Duvall and Dansby...woof. It’s actually difficult for a Reds pitcher to throw one far enough off the plate that they will lay off and take the pitch.

To follow my previous post, Duvall just struck out on a slider that was roughly 2 feet outside. To his credit, the pitches he swung at for strikes one and two were only 6 to 8 inches off the plate. Pathetic.

Acuna was 2-for-23, with 27 walks, with a 3-2 count this year. He is 2-for-2 with a 3-2 count today.

For anyone first introduced to baseball through this Reds/Braves series, he/she must think that hitting a baseball is an impossible task and making it around the bases to score a run is mankind's greatest achievement. FWIW, the record for fewest runs scored by a team in a post-season (currently one run by the Texas Rangers in the 1999 ALDS) is two innings away from being broken, and never broken again.

Decent college teams would look better at the plate than this. Don't care that it's quality major league pitching. Hard not to accidentally run into one every once in a while.

Ozuna and Duvall taking offense at my critical posts. I’ll trash the entire batting order next game if this is the result!

Yes! Braves moving on! Absolutely unbelievable pitching over the last two days.

Well that's a record that will never be broken. 0 runs in 22 innings. Unreal. The playoff monkey is off our backs, finally.

Teams that I cheer for are allowed to have postseason success? I didn't know that was even possible

I hope it is the Cubs or else we'll be playing at 10 am on the ocho.

1. We owned the Marlins this season (see the 29 run game)
2. NLDS games are ALWAYS national broadcasts
3. Fuck the Cubs and I would never want to play them in the postseason
4. Can't remember the last time a NLDS game wasn't at least an afternoon first pitch

1. We owned the Marlins this season (see the 29 run game)
2. NLDS games are ALWAYS national broadcasts
3. Fuck the Cubs and I would never want to play them in the postseason
4. Can't remember the last time a NLDS game wasn't at least an afternoon first pitch

With the ALDS games being in Cali, the NLDS games will almost certainly get the earlier time slots.

I am trying to get NLCS tickets, but it has had me in the waiting room for 2.5 hours. Not sure when is time to give up.

I am trying to get NLCS tickets, but it has had me in the waiting room for 2.5 hours. Not sure when is time to give up.

With only 11K tickets available, scalpers have to be pouncing on every available ticket.

Dodgers have a massive hungry fanbase with lots of cash to burn (and were unable to spend a dollar on a ticket all year).

Back