• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Forgot torn achilles ruined Ryan Howard's career. Seems like pitching would be even harder to recover.

Forgot torn achilles ruined Ryan Howard's career. Seems like pitching would be even harder to recover.

The problem is going to be that it's his right leg. That's what he uses to push off the rubber and generate power, so a lack of strength/mobility is going to be a big deal. He's only 23 years old though, so you would think a recovery is more likely than older guys with this injury like Howard, Wainwright, Grilli. Zach Britton seems to have mostly recovered from it, although he hurt his plant leg.

KC v Cleveland. Sac bunt, sac fly, walk, CS

Thanks. That was it. I saw a team get 2 runs without a hit in the 10th inning of a minor league game last season but there was at least one AB in that one. The closest weird inning I have seen was in 1972 in the Appalachian League. Jim Crawford, a hard throwing lefty, struck out 4 and gave up no hits but one run. One batter struck out, got on when the ball got past the catcher, and kept advancing on passed balls. The next year Crawford was in the majors.

Ryan Howard was late in his career when he suffered the achilles tear. He was never the same player after that. He lost what should have been several productive years at the end of his career.

Not to be a downer, but I tore my Achilles in HS. 15 years later I still have problems with it.

I'm fearing a repeat of the Wayne Simpson story from the 1970s. Different part of the body involved but still a largely unproductive career after making the All Star team as a rookie.

Ozzie/Adams to DL, Markakis reactivated. You just know Snit is slotting Nick right in that 5 hole no questions asked and Camargo won't see an inning at 2B. He has been ok so far but not good last night to burn Tomlin for one inning and get Martin up to go to Sobo. Might need some fresh relievers for a while.

Ozzie/Adams to DL, Markakis reactivated. You just know Snit is slotting Nick right in that 5 hole no questions asked and Camargo won't see an inning at 2B. He has been ok so far but not good last night to burn Tomlin for one inning and get Martin up to go to Sobo. Might need some fresh relievers for a while.

Tough calls coming for all GMs and managers. Do you want to risk bringing a player back from the DL too soon in a season that might be stopped the following week? A lot of risk, very uncertain rewards. It's no wonder the trade market is non-existent as well.

If Ozzie's wrist hurt so bad he was batting LH against a lefty then he had no business playing yesterday.

Touki looked legit tonight. Markakis walkoff makes sure we don’t lose that gem of a game from him

Slightly related to the Braves, but I laughed that the Braves organist played Michael Jackson's Beat It when Reese McGuire came up to the plate tonight. He's one of the best organists out there at trolling the opposition.

Slightly related to the Braves, but I laughed that the Braves organist played Michael Jackson's Beat It when Reese McGuire came up to the plate tonight. He's one of the best organists out there at trolling the opposition.

That's just cold.

Might be time for Pache? Ender is basically a pitcher at the plate. His defense isn’t that good anymore either.

I don’t think you rush Pache just because of Ender struggling. Duvall and Acuna should be in the OF every day, and rotate Ender/Markakis in there on days that Ozuna DH’s. I’d be surprised if we see Pache or Waters before next year now that Nick is back, but I guess if we get desperate enough it could happen.

Last edited:
Ronald & the offense as a whole popped off today. Fried is a stud.

Always enjoyable to watch Bryce Harper lose.

Fried is awesome. Man it sucks we lost Soroka, that would have been a dirty 1-2 if we made the playoffs.

Did anyone on here want to sign Bumgarner? Check out his stats so far. Yikes.

Duvall is not an everyday player. We could use a LHH 3B. Duvall/Riley/Camargo against a RHP is way too weak.

Duvall is not an everyday player. We could use a LHH 3B. Duvall/Riley/Camargo against a RHP is way too weak.

Maybe not but he is better than Ender no matter who is pitching. At this point Ender is basically Billy Hamilton without as much speed. A late defensive replacement/pinch runner. Riley is also hanging by a thread for me.

Back