• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Duvall has played better defense than Ender this season per UZR.

Duvall has played better defense than Ender this season per UZR.

I wouldn't trust UZR alone to make this judgment with 150 games played by each, and definitely don't with the 14 and 16 each has played. Ender is clearly struggling at the plate, while Duvall has been much better there, but there's no way we should be saying Ender's defense has slipped that much 15 games in, even if it is a 60 game season.

Ender in CF allows Acuna to go to RF where he is much better. An outfield with LF - Ender - Acuna is better than an outfield with LF - Acuna - Duvall defensively.

Also, there is absolutely no way Ozuna should be anything but a DH at this point. We have two OF spots to fill with Ender, Duvall, Markakis, Riley, and even Camargo can play COF. There's no way we should be allowing Ozuna to field just so that Matt Adams can DH.

Anecdotally, we've seen Duvall make a couple massive diving catches in important situations that saved runs vs. Ender who has dropped a few balls that allowed runs to score. Plus you can't have two players completely lost at the plate in Riley and Ender in the lineup. And Camargo isn't much better. Duvall has got to play almost every day right now.

Anecdotally, we've seen Duvall make a couple massive diving catches in important situations that saved runs vs. Ender who has dropped a few balls that allowed runs to score. Plus you can't have two players completely lost at the plate in Riley and Ender in the lineup. And Camargo isn't much better. Duvall has got to play almost every day right now.

This. It’s hard arguing with people about Ender defensively but he’s really not that good anymore. At least Riley can play multiple positions and has the chance to run into one and homer. Same with Camargo who is a better hitter than both. Duvall needs to be in every game. We could cut Ender and I wouldn’t bat an eye.

In 43 PA this season Riley is hitting .132/.209/.316 with a K% of 37.2% and wrC+ of 43. In 41 PA Ender is hitting .171/.293/.221 with a K% of 12.2% and a wrC+ of 56. In 44 PA Camargo is hitting .175/.250/.300 with a K% of 31.8% and a wrC+ of 55.

I'm not really sure how anyone makes the argument that Ender is substantially worse than either of those two at the plate, and the defensive claims based on a few anecdotal plays isn't even really a conversation worth having 17 games into a season.

Last edited:
Newcomb gets optioned after that disaster, and now I have legitimately no clue what the rotation is. Fried/Wright/Touki/??/??

In 43 PA this season Riley is hitting .132/.209/.316 with a K% of 37.2% and wrC+ of 43. In 41 PA Ender is hitting .171/.293/.221 with a K% of 12.2% and a wrC+ of 56. In 44 PA Camargo is hitting .175/.250/.300 with a K% of 31.8% and a wrC+ of 55.

I'm not really sure how anyone makes the argument that Ender is substantially worse than either of those two at the plate, and the defensive claims based on a few anecdotal plays isn't even really a conversation worth having 17 games into a season.

At least they have power and play multiple positions.

And they both play good defense at their primary position.

Is Pache expected to play this year? Any word on his recovery? Will service time considerations keep him at Gwinnett until 2021? Inquiring minds want to know. I do realize that the expanded playoffs have changed a lot of calculations. But with only Fried reliable among the starters, winning anything beyond the first round seems problematic.

Is Pache expected to play this year? Any word on his recovery? Will service time considerations keep him at Gwinnett until 2021? Inquiring minds want to know. I do realize that the expanded playoffs have changed a lot of calculations. But with only Fried reliable among the starters, winning anything beyond the first round seems problematic.

In a normal year I would think one of Waters/Pache, if not both, would have been up this summer. Considering they aren't getting any AAA reps now and it's a shortened season, I would assume it's much less likely. I think it would take injuries to outfielders for either one to come up this year, but I'd expect to see both early next year.

Duvall is worse than Ender over his career against RHP. If management believes Ender is truly worse against RHP in 2020 then he doesn't need to be on the roster.

The Super Two deadline for Pache is tomorrow. They are going to wait until April 2021 cutoff to gain an extra year.

Ronald our until Monday it sounds like. Injuries are piling up.

Ender was god awful on defense tonight. That doesn’t even include another futile night at the plate. The dude needs to be sent to the minors. If Folty and Newk get sent down, then it’s time for him to go too.

Unreal game last night against the Nats. Too bad there weren't any fans there to see it...

Do we think Ender would have hit a massive 2 run HR to make it a game in the 9th? I think he would have grounded out to the pitcher.

Do we think Ender would have hit a massive 2 run HR to make it a game in the 9th? I think he would have grounded out to the pitcher.

He batted right before Dansby. I forget what he did although I know it was an out.

Amazing that we are still managing to win games. Our rotation is complete shit right now, outside of Fried. The bottom of our lineup is a joke. The opposing pitcher can basically take a breather and cruise through Camargo, Riley and Ender before refocusing to face the 5 or 6 (depends on whether Flowers or D' Arnaud is catching) actual major league level hitters we have left. Hopefully our top 5/6 hitters, Fried and the bullpen can keep winning games for us until we get Acuna and Albies back.

Hot take alert - I'm pretty much done with Camargo. He's had enough time to show that he can hit at this level and he just can't find any consistency. Riley looks bad too, but hasn't had as much time to develop.

Duvall isn't being platooned anymore. But the team still needs someone to play center.

Amazing that we are still managing to win games. Our rotation is complete shit right now, outside of Fried. The bottom of our lineup is a joke. The opposing pitcher can basically take a breather and cruise through Camargo, Riley and Ender before refocusing to face the 5 or 6 (depends on whether Flowers or D' Arnaud is catching) actual major league level hitters we have left. Hopefully our top 5/6 hitters, Fried and the bullpen can keep winning games for us until we get Acuna and Albies back.

Hot take alert - I'm pretty much done with Camargo. He's had enough time to show that he can hit at this level and he just can't find any consistency. Riley looks bad too, but hasn't had as much time to develop.

Im with ya. It may be time to give Adeiny and Charlie a shot. I will say though, Riley and Camargo have looked good in the field but you can’t have multiple people in the lineup just for their glove.

Back