Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1384

Thread: 2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Opening Day!

  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    Another crazy 9th as Luke J gives up 3 hits but gets bailed out by 1st hitter being aggressive and going for 2nd 朗浪

    He must not be aware of the disaster that is Braves bullpen as ludicrous to be aggressive on pads as 1st hitter when u know our bullpen is glorified BP
    It was a bloop texas leaguer that the runner rounded 1st too fast and got picked off. The other two hits were infield hits. Didn't see those on the replay but I am not sure if any of the hits were actually well hit balls.

  2. #302
    Boomer Boy Shorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    GA's Gilded 6th
    Posts
    7,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    It was a bloop texas leaguer that the runner rounded 1st too fast and got picked off. The other two hits were infield hits. Didn't see those on the replay but I am not sure if any of the hits were actually well hit balls.
    The other two ninth inning hits were on really good two-strike pitches by Jackson. The first was on a slider low and away that the hitter just managed to reach and and hit a 37-hop grounder in the hole that was hit so slowly Camargo couldnít throw him out. The other was a one-handed line drive that was just out of Albiesís reach.

  3. #303
    Ricky Peral
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warrenton, Va
    Posts
    562
    John Smoltz on MLBN talked about Shane Greene last nite and showed his first tow games as a Brave. All but 2 of the hits he gave up were bloops and dinks much like Jackson today. Smoltz said it was mostly just bad luck that he is a quality pitcher and we can't give up on him.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by nvadeac View Post
    John Smoltz on MLBN talked about Shane Greene last nite and showed his first tow games as a Brave. All but 2 of the hits he gave up were bloops and dinks much like Jackson today. Smoltz said it was mostly just bad luck that he is a quality pitcher and we can't give up on him.
    Great to hear that is the case for both. Unfortunately we have lost Foxsports the last couple of weeks as Dish negotiates in its usual poor manner leaving us blind. So just relying on ESPN's gamecast and had to assume the worse given the few games I have seen where the bullpen has been tagged hard.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    Great to hear that is the case for both. Unfortunately we have lost Foxsports the last couple of weeks as Dish negotiates in its usual poor manner leaving us blind. So just relying on ESPN's gamecast and had to assume the worse given the few games I have seen where the bullpen has been tagged hard.
    MLBStreams thread on Reddit... Pretty much 720p streams for every game every day.

  6. #306
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    Big week this week. Tonight has started off promising.

  7. #307
    Easy Ball 4 blown by ump.

  8. #308
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    Yeah. Looked just like ball 3 to me.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Easy Ball 4 blown by ump.
    Robo balls and strikes can't come soon enough to baseball. Ump with attitude didn't like him heading to first and rang him up 3 seconds late.

  10. #310
    Another blown strike call, followed by a makeup called strike on a pitch way outside

  11. #311
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    Sounds crazy but a 50-40 season for Acuna isn't out of the question. 40-40 seems like a forgone conclusion at this point.

  12. #312
    Lol this is amazing. Braves are on their third reliever of the 8th inning and have already given up two runs and two guys still on base.

  13. #313
    Really it's just Greene. Only one legit hit against the other 3 guys. Plus Blevins got a double-play ball and Culberson booted it.

    Seems like Greene gets to 0-2 or 1-2 against everyone he faces, then throws something that hangs in the zone and gets drilled. Really strange.

    Jackson was dominant in the 7th, still looks like the closest thing we have to a closer. Melancon gets another shot this time around...

  14. #314
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    Not bad from Melancon.

  15. #315
    Melancon had some silly pitches to finish that off. Almost posted the same thing about Greene - after quickly getting two strikes he throws something that gets a clean liner into center.

  16. #316
    definitely a big week with the Mets and the Dodgers. Our schedule looks objectively easier after this.

  17. #317
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    The 14 straight game stretch vs. either the Nats or Phils in September gives me a little worry. A bad performance those 2.5 weeks could undo months of work the Braves have put in.

  18. #318
    So Keuchel pitches shutout ball through 6 and the bullpen reliever Newcomb immediately gives up 2 runs in the 7th? I am surprised!

  19. #319
    Did you watch this inning?

  20. #320
    Fuck the babip gods. We are giving up weak hits everywhere lately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •