Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Opening Day!

Decline Flowers option, sign Grandal.

Camargo, Duvall optioned. Hechavarria signed, Wilson recalled.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Wow, thought Carmargo would be safe from moves this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Duvall has learned not to believe MapQuest; it is a long way from Gwinnett to Atlanta.

The SS defense has been so bad I understand the move. I still like Duvall and would like to see him on the postseason roster, assuming the Braves make it.

Nice. Braves aren't fucking around. Camargo earned this one, nice to see them jump on it.

Looks like Duvall will be back tomorrow.

Ricky Peral
    Can't Newcomb go the way of Minter? The guy sucks there's just no other way to say it. I can't recall a game this season where he came in and was actually decent. His 5 wins are all the result of the Braves scoring more than he gives up. Whatever he had last year it's truly gone now. He can't get through one inning without at least one walk, a hit and most times several of both. Why hasn't Touki come back up? For long relief he was our most effective arm. Newcomb is a total disaster every time he comes in. How long do you suffer with a guy like this?

Problem is they are all disasters. Bullpen isnít a joke. Itís the damn punchline you just wait for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by nvadeac View Post
    Can't Newcomb go the way of Minter? The guy sucks there's just no other way to say it. I can't recall a game this season where he came in and was actually decent. His 5 wins are all the result of the Braves scoring more than he gives up. Whatever he had last year it's truly gone now. He can't get through one inning without at least one walk, a hit and most times several of both. Why hasn't Touki come back up? For long relief he was our most effective arm. Newcomb is a total disaster every time he comes in. How long do you suffer with a guy like this?
    Is this post serious? Heís been one of our better relievers this season. Touki wasnít good and minter was atrocious. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by nvadeac View Post
    I guess you missed his 30 appearances in May/June/July where he pitched 35 innings w/ only 6 ER & 9 BB

Granted he has sucked in August

Steve Lepore
    Odd takes to support keeping Camargo around and be done with Newcomb.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by WilmingtonDeac View Post
    Odd takes to support keeping Camargo around and be done with Newcomb.
    Yeah, bad hill to die on. Good win tonight.

Take series against Dodgers and only dropped one game in a week that Washington went 5 in 1

Steve Lepore
    Pretty awesome weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Take series against Dodgers and only dropped one game in a week that Washington went 5 in 1
    I almost felt sorry for Doolittle Saturday night. That inning looked like BP for the Brewers.

Steve Lepore
    The Marlins can't get enough of beaning Acuna.

Back up to 6 up on the Nats. Their last 25 games or so are really brutal.

Rusty Larue
    Hero