Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1382

Thread: 2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Opening Day!

  1. #341
    Decline Flowers option, sign Grandal.

  2. #342
    Camargo, Duvall optioned. Hechavarria signed, Wilson recalled.

  3. #343
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,236
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Camargo, Duvall optioned. Hechavarria signed, Wilson recalled.
    Wow, thought Carmargo would be safe from moves this season.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesePritchard View Post
    Camargo, Duvall optioned. Hechavarria signed, Wilson recalled.
    Duvall has learned not to believe MapQuest; it is a long way from Gwinnett to Atlanta.

  5. #345
    The SS defense has been so bad I understand the move. I still like Duvall and would like to see him on the postseason roster, assuming the Braves make it.

  6. #346
    Nice. Braves aren't fucking around. Camargo earned this one, nice to see them jump on it.

  7. #347
    Looks like Duvall will be back tomorrow.

  8. #348

  9. #349
    Ricky Peral
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warrenton, Va
    Posts
    562
    Can't Newcomb go the way of Minter? The guy sucks there's just no other way to say it. I can't recall a game this season where he came in and was actually decent. His 5 wins are all the result of the Braves scoring more than he gives up. Whatever he had last year it's truly gone now. He can't get through one inning without at least one walk, a hit and most times several of both. Why hasn't Touki come back up? For long relief he was our most effective arm. Newcomb is a total disaster every time he comes in. How long do you suffer with a guy like this?

  10. #350
    Problem is they are all disasters. Bullpen isnít a joke. Itís the damn punchline you just wait for every game.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by nvadeac View Post
    Can't Newcomb go the way of Minter? The guy sucks there's just no other way to say it. I can't recall a game this season where he came in and was actually decent. His 5 wins are all the result of the Braves scoring more than he gives up. Whatever he had last year it's truly gone now. He can't get through one inning without at least one walk, a hit and most times several of both. Why hasn't Touki come back up? For long relief he was our most effective arm. Newcomb is a total disaster every time he comes in. How long do you suffer with a guy like this?
    Is this post serious? Heís been one of our better relievers this season. Touki wasnít good and minter was atrocious. Get a grip.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by nvadeac View Post
    Can't Newcomb go the way of Minter? The guy sucks there's just no other way to say it. I can't recall a game this season where he came in and was actually decent. His 5 wins are all the result of the Braves scoring more than he gives up. Whatever he had last year it's truly gone now. He can't get through one inning without at least one walk, a hit and most times several of both. Why hasn't Touki come back up? For long relief he was our most effective arm. Newcomb is a total disaster every time he comes in. How long do you suffer with a guy like this?
    I guess you missed his 30 appearances in May/June/July where he pitched 35 innings w/ only 6 ER & 9 BB

    Granted he has sucked in August

  13. #353
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    Odd takes to support keeping Camargo around and be done with Newcomb.

  14. #354
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,236
    Quote Originally Posted by WilmingtonDeac View Post
    Odd takes to support keeping Camargo around and be done with Newcomb.
    Yeah, bad hill to die on. Good win tonight.

  15. #355
    Take series against Dodgers and only dropped one game in a week that Washington went 5 in 1

  16. #356
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    Pretty awesome weekend.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Take series against Dodgers and only dropped one game in a week that Washington went 5 in 1
    I almost felt sorry for Doolittle Saturday night. That inning looked like BP for the Brewers.

  18. #358
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,664
    The Marlins can't get enough of beaning Acuna.

  19. #359
    Back up to 6 up on the Nats. Their last 25 games or so are really brutal.

  20. #360
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,236
    Hero

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •