Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1384

Thread: 2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Opening Day!

  1. #161
    What about trading Donaldson? Would free up some $$$ for Kimbrel.

  2. #162
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLDeac View Post
    What about trading Donaldson? Would free up some $$$ for Kimbrel.
    No thanks. We have plenty of money. Itís all about the pick.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLDeac View Post
    What about trading Donaldson? Would free up some $$$ for Kimbrel.
    This doesn't make sense. JD is twice the hitter Inciarte is. The eye says that Riley is passable in LF, while Inciarte's defense has actually regressed. I don't think you trade JD, on a one year contract, so you can move somebody who is passable in LF (where you stick guys without a position) to his natural position, which, in turn, causes you to play a guy who is 35% worse than the league average hitter while also playing poor defense.

  4. #164
    Acuna just took a foul tip to the baby maker.
    Hungry

  5. #165
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    This doesn't make sense. JD is twice the hitter Inciarte is. The eye says that Riley is passable in LF, while Inciarte's defense has actually regressed. I don't think you trade JD, on a one year contract, so you can move somebody who is passable in LF (where you stick guys without a position) to his natural position, which, in turn, causes you to play a guy who is 35% worse than the league average hitter while also playing poor defense.
    This. Inciarte relies on a defensive reputation that his advanced stats donít support.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuck95 View Post
    This doesn't make sense. JD is twice the hitter Inciarte is. The eye says that Riley is passable in LF, while Inciarte's defense has actually regressed. I don't think you trade JD, on a one year contract, so you can move somebody who is passable in LF (where you stick guys without a position) to his natural position, which, in turn, causes you to play a guy who is 35% worse than the league average hitter while also playing poor defense.
    I think Riley is great and I think he has to play. That being said, 3 errors in 20 chances in LF doesn't pass the eye test. Maybe he improves with more time there, but right now he is not a good defensive outfielder. Inciarte is going to return, and as long as Riley is hitting, will find a place on the bench. However, definitely expect him to be a late inning defensive substitution.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by GaDeac View Post
    I think Riley is great and I think he has to play. That being said, 3 errors in 20 chances in LF doesn't pass the eye test. Maybe he improves with more time there, but right now he is not a good defensive outfielder. Inciarte is going to return, and as long as Riley is hitting, will find a place on the bench. However, definitely expect him to be a late inning defensive substitution.
    Interesting to note that Donaldson played some catcher earlier in his career. Given that McCann is hitting .167 against lefties maybe try the Donaldson @ catcher against lefties and then Riley @ 3B in those games. Heck even Donaldson is only .222 against lefties so no matter what you have Riley play 3B against lefties.

    The issue is what to do against righties as agree he has a long way to go before he is a serviceable outfielder from a fielding perspective.

  8. #168
    It is not easy to make a position player learn catcher, even if he has done it before. He has taken too much time off from catching to learn it mid-season. As compared to making a catcher/infielder learn the OF (although that transition is also difficult too).

  9. #169
    Broderick Hicks
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    3,451
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydeac View Post
    Interesting to note that Donaldson played some catcher earlier in his career. Given that McCann is hitting .167 against lefties maybe try the Donaldson @ catcher against lefties and then Riley @ 3B in those games. Heck even Donaldson is only .222 against lefties so no matter what you have Riley play 3B against lefties.

    The issue is what to do against righties as agree he has a long way to go before he is a serviceable outfielder from a fielding perspective.
    Zero chance. Donaldson has had leg injuries just playing 3rd. Our emergency catcher isnít even him. Itís Culberson.

  10. #170
    Is Culberson Snit's backup too? That guy does everything.

    Is there a better bench in the league? Culberson, Joyce and Camargo are all solid players.

    I wish Camargo was playing a little more. He seems like he is struggling with his reduced role.

  11. #171
    Is Gohara or O'Day ever going to resume throwing?

  12. #172
    Also, MLB draft tonight. This is our last top 10 pick for hopefully the next 5 years so let's make that pool money count.

  13. #173
    Interesting draft selections. 3 college bats. Definitely a different strategy in past years.

  14. #174
    Weird - everything I read was that they were going to go heavy on arms.

  15. #175
    Yeah, thought we were definitely going Espino with the 21st pick. But reading that Shewmake will sign for under slot value. Which is important as we are still being penalized from the previous regime.

    Intially was frustrated with the Shewmake pick but softening up to it. His best baseball is ahead of him.

  16. #176

  17. #177
    Need to sign Keuchel although it sounds like the Yankees are the favorite. Gausman and Teheran just aren't cutting it.

  18. #178
    Teheran has actually been decent the last month. He has gone 1-1 with a 1.59 ERA his last seven starts. Folty (1-4, 6.10 last 7 starts) and Gausman (1-3, 7.50) have been abysmal.

  19. #179
    Ricky Peral
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warrenton, Va
    Posts
    562
    Gausman in last two starts given p 15 runs in 7 innings.

  20. #180
    Starting pitching is a major concern. Folty getting tagged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •