• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Wow, Mark Melancon too. AA has had enough of this garbage. Braves MASSIVELY upgraded the pen with 3 dudes. Guess that means no starter, but with the way Julio, Fried, Soroka, and Keuchel are pitching, that may be OK.

Wish we added a lefty but those three are upgrades and the best player they gave up was Wentz.

Still not impressed with Snit's bullpen usage. Jackson pitches 30 awful pitches like 16 hours before the game and he has Newk ready to roll in case guys get on instead of just using him. But 4-2 against Phils and Nats last 2 series. Duvall has been great outside of the baserunning mistake today.

Good for Donaldson today. He struggled all day and stuck with it and got the game winner hr. Love this team offensively. Pretty much the whole lineup contributed today. Hopefully the pen pickups will help.

Wow, Mark Melancon too. AA has had enough of this garbage. Braves MASSIVELY upgraded the pen with 3 dudes. Guess that means no starter, but with the way Julio, Fried, Soroka, and Keuchel are pitching, that may be OK.

Those starters with some decent relief will be fine if the offense does what they’ve been doing.

Those starters with some decent relief will be fine if the offense does what they’ve been doing.

Unfortunately this S Greene guy either does not pitch well with pressure on a winning team or just pitiful against NL hitters. Blown save last night and now gives up 3 in 10th vs not so mighty Reds. Any chance we can reverse the trade?

This one is on Snitiker. You have 2nd and 3rd 1 out and Albies on third. He should have bunted Duvall. Reds would have never made the play on Albies at home and even if they did you would still have 1st and 3rd 2 outs. You just needed one run. I know it's the homerun age but it's still within the rules to bunt once and a while.

Unfortunately this S Greene guy either does not pitch well with pressure on a winning team or just pitiful against NL hitters. Blown save last night and now gives up 3 in 10th vs not so mighty Reds. Any chance we can reverse the trade?

Yeah, just shook my head. Not the relief we were looking for. That 3-run shot was rocked. Looked like Greene was throwing BP.

This one is on Snitiker. You have 2nd and 3rd 1 out and Albies on third. He should have bunted Duvall. Reds would have never made the play on Albies at home and even if they did you would still have 1st and 3rd 2 outs. You just needed one run. I know it's the homerun age but it's still within the rules to bunt once and a while.

Do we have any evidence Duvall knows how to bunt? He doesn't look like someone who practices bunting a lot. Also it's really hard to bunt someone home with the infield in unless you have the squeeze on. Granted that would be a very exciting way to end the game I just don't trust Duvall to get a bunt down consistently.

Last edited:
Yeah, just shook my head. Not the relief we were looking for. That 3-run shot was rocked. Looked like Greene was throwing BP.

Completely agree. Last night he gave up multiple hits and was lucky to only surrender 1 run as Bravos threw out a man at the plate. Lots of hits given up over 2 games and concerning for any Braves friend who thought we had our shut down closer.

Do we have any evidence Duvall knows how to bunt? He doesn't look like someone who practices bunting a lot. Also it's really hard to bunt someone home with the infield in unless you have the squeeze on. Granted that would be a very exciting way to end the game I just don't trust Duvall to get a bunt down consistently.

If he can't bunt he shouldn't be a major league baseball player.

If he can't bunt he shouldn't be a major league baseball player.

You can disagree with modern baseball philosophy, and the statistical reasoning that drives that philosophy, but bunting is almost dead in major league baseball. Not to mention bunting is pretty hard against big league pitching and I doubt there's a single 4/5 hole batter in the league who can get a bunt down. None of this is poor coaching by Snit. The best chance to score there was to get a ball to the outfield, which isn't going to happen swinging at balls in the dirt. Not sure trying to bunt a ball in the dirt is going to go any better.

Yeah, those great arms have 2 losses and one blown save in 3 games. At least Melancon has been effective in his 2 appearances.

Greene is a mediocre, at best, RP. He’s had an ERA over 5 for 2 of the last 3 years and his FIP this year is over 4. He’s been quite lucky due to an unsustainably low Babip and an unsustainably high strand rate. Melancon is the best arm the Braves picked up and who I would trust the most in high leverage spots.

Well it was 11-0 braves. Now 11-6. 6 runs given up in 3 outs. Let’s see if the pen can hold this.

At his current rate Acuna has a real shot to record the 5th 40/40 season in MLB history. He has as many SB's in last 24 games as he had in first 90; glad to see they've cut him loose there. He may be in 30/30 club by the end of the upcoming weekend.

This bullpen is going to be our Achilles heel, but man this offense is fun to watch most of the time. Matata with a bomb to give us some insurance.

Back