• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Jackson has had a very good season but finding a pen arm should still be a priority.

He’s still very young, but Kyle Wright doesn’t seem to have “it” in the bigs. Wouldn’t mind trading him this year while his stock is relatively high. Lot of other young arms.

He’s still very young, but Kyle Wright doesn’t seem to have “it” in the bigs. Wouldn’t mind trading him this year while his stock is relatively high. Lot of other young arms.

Wright will be just fine, he’s been rushed to the bigs.

With that said, if the price is right, wouldn’t mind using him as a trade piece.

Let's get last night's Gausman the rest of season please.

Swarzak has been a great mid-season addition.

Royals have some relievers we could use. Snit would have to use them though and not Wes Parsons with two off days this week.

Riley really needs to work on plate discipline. He ended the game watching one go by and swinging at the next two that he shouldn’t have.

Wes Parsons packed his bag last night and was sent back down.

Braves called up Jeremy Walker from Advance, NC (27th ranked prospect). Possibility that he may face the other Pride of Advance, Whit Merrifield, tonight.

Losing two at home to the hapless Royals is.... not ideal. Bats have gone quiet all of a sudden.

Well Chris Martin looks more reliable than a few of the guys in the pen who get run in the later innings. He isn't walking anyone which is a welcome change.

Well Chris Martin looks more reliable than a few of the guys in the pen who get run in the later innings. He isn't walking anyone which is a welcome change.

And he has closed for Texas at certain points this season.

Trade seemed to work out well for both teams. Texas gets a back-end rotation-type guy in Allard with the chance to re-sign Martin in the off season, Braves get some boost in the bullpen.

Letting the pitcher with the .080 BA swing with one out and the bases loaded probably wasn't a great idea.

Letting the pitcher with the .080 BA swing with one out and the bases loaded probably wasn't a great idea.

Am watching with my son. I told him he better not take the bat off his shoulder. Exactly what you would expect to happen. Then acuna leads off next inning with a double. smdh

I mean that was really bad baseball. While Chip is talking about how good Atlanta is at fundamentals that bs potentially took 2-3 runs off the board.

If AA doesn't get a closer in the next hour, this team has no chance in the postseason.

If Luke Jackson doesn't clean out his fucking locker and take his garbage shit elsewhere... He has repeatedly cost the Braves games. Send him to fucking A ball so no team his to take the brunt of his ineptitude. We have to sell out for a closer now. Thanks, dipshit.

Right on cue, AA

Right on cue, AA

ETA Again: It's official according to Buster Olney. Looks like AA has the same thoughts as I do about Luke Jackson.

If Luke Jackson doesn't clean out his fucking locker and take his garbage shit elsewhere... He has repeatedly cost the Braves games. Send him to fucking A ball so no team his to take the brunt of his ineptitude. We have to sell out for a closer now. Thanks, dipshit.

I’ve said Luke is a solid 7 inning guy, which is exactly how it’s shaping up to be with the additions Martin and Greene. Offense looks like it has re-gained its momentum and we will be back on track. Pumped.

Right on cue, AA

Who did the Braves give up?

Back