• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Another crazy 9th as Luke J gives up 3 hits but gets bailed out by 1st hitter being aggressive and going for 2nd 朗浪

He must not be aware of the disaster that is Braves bullpen as ludicrous to be aggressive on pads as 1st hitter when u know our bullpen is glorified BP

It was a bloop texas leaguer that the runner rounded 1st too fast and got picked off. The other two hits were infield hits. Didn't see those on the replay but I am not sure if any of the hits were actually well hit balls.

It was a bloop texas leaguer that the runner rounded 1st too fast and got picked off. The other two hits were infield hits. Didn't see those on the replay but I am not sure if any of the hits were actually well hit balls.

The other two ninth inning hits were on really good two-strike pitches by Jackson. The first was on a slider low and away that the hitter just managed to reach and and hit a 37-hop grounder in the hole that was hit so slowly Camargo couldn’t throw him out. The other was a one-handed line drive that was just out of Albies’s reach.

John Smoltz on MLBN talked about Shane Greene last nite and showed his first tow games as a Brave. All but 2 of the hits he gave up were bloops and dinks much like Jackson today. Smoltz said it was mostly just bad luck that he is a quality pitcher and we can't give up on him.

John Smoltz on MLBN talked about Shane Greene last nite and showed his first tow games as a Brave. All but 2 of the hits he gave up were bloops and dinks much like Jackson today. Smoltz said it was mostly just bad luck that he is a quality pitcher and we can't give up on him.

Great to hear that is the case for both. Unfortunately we have lost Foxsports the last couple of weeks as Dish negotiates in its usual poor manner leaving us blind. So just relying on ESPN's gamecast and had to assume the worse given the few games I have seen where the bullpen has been tagged hard.

Great to hear that is the case for both. Unfortunately we have lost Foxsports the last couple of weeks as Dish negotiates in its usual poor manner leaving us blind. So just relying on ESPN's gamecast and had to assume the worse given the few games I have seen where the bullpen has been tagged hard.

MLBStreams thread on Reddit... Pretty much 720p streams for every game every day.

Another blown strike call, followed by a makeup called strike on a pitch way outside

Lol this is amazing. Braves are on their third reliever of the 8th inning and have already given up two runs and two guys still on base.

Really it's just Greene. Only one legit hit against the other 3 guys. Plus Blevins got a double-play ball and Culberson booted it.

Seems like Greene gets to 0-2 or 1-2 against everyone he faces, then throws something that hangs in the zone and gets drilled. Really strange.

Jackson was dominant in the 7th, still looks like the closest thing we have to a closer. Melancon gets another shot this time around...

Melancon had some silly pitches to finish that off. Almost posted the same thing about Greene - after quickly getting two strikes he throws something that gets a clean liner into center.

definitely a big week with the Mets and the Dodgers. Our schedule looks objectively easier after this.

The 14 straight game stretch vs. either the Nats or Phils in September gives me a little worry. A bad performance those 2.5 weeks could undo months of work the Braves have put in.

So Keuchel pitches shutout ball through 6 and the bullpen reliever Newcomb immediately gives up 2 runs in the 7th? I am surprised!

Back