• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Been wondering if Ender has been dealing with an injury. He and Markakis have basically registered the same Sprint Speed this year. Ender's down to 26.3 from 27.9 ft/sec a year ago.

So Riley will be in outfield? Would have been nice to get him more than 36 IP in AAA. He has been red hot but has always taken time to adjust to a new level.

Welcome to the show Austin Riley! 438 ft. home run in second at bat.

Soroka goes 7 scoreless. Winkler walks 2 on 8 straight pitches. Classic 2019 Braves.

Culberson is ridiculous. It seems like he gets a XBH every time he comes up.

Hopefully, Soroka's shoulder trouble is completely behind him. Newk seems to be thriving out of the pen. Need Folty to return to form and we're going to have to manage Soroka and Fried's innings wisely. Still think Snit is a bad manager, Sunday's tactical miscues the latest example.

Jackson has had rough luck in back to back blown saves. He's had a nice year so far but Snit needs to manage the pen like we have no closer.

So when Ender comes back assume he goes to bench and you stay with the Austin Riley in OF experiment??? He seems to be playing at a very high level and not sure how you can sit him unless he starts to struggle. And Ender wasn't really having a great year anyway at the plate.

Can Braves acquire other help after the Swarzak trade? Not sure he is the answer.

So when Ender comes back assume he goes to bench and you stay with the Austin Riley in OF experiment??? He seems to be playing at a very high level and not sure how you can sit him unless he starts to struggle. And Ender wasn't really having a great year anyway at the plate.

Can Braves acquire other help after the Swarzak trade? Not sure he is the answer.

I am of the opinion that the Braves are a strong contender for Kimbrel, after the draft. Obviously, losing a draft pick, and more importantly for the Braves, losing the signing bonus pool money, is what is keeping the Braves, and other teams, from going after Kimbrel now. The question is how high the bidding is going to go for Kimbrel and will the Braves be willing to spend the money.

I am of the opinion that the Braves are a strong contender for Kimbrel, after the draft. Obviously, losing a draft pick, and more importantly for the Braves, losing the signing bonus pool money, is what is keeping the Braves, and other teams, from going after Kimbrel now. The question is how high the bidding is going to go for Kimbrel and will the Braves be willing to spend the money.

I agree. The Braves desperately need Kimbrel.

Draft pick loss is off the table soon right?

Draft pick loss is off the table soon right?

I believe both the draft pick and bonus pool money loss goes away after the draft, so another week and a half. However, something like 20 teams are waiting for that loss to go away, thus the reason the bidding will pick up for Kimbrel.

Crazy with all the bullpen drama we are still 28-23 and 7-3 in our last 10.

DOB pointed out how some of MLB’s best teams have equal, if not more, blown saves than the braves (e.g., Dodgers)

Back