• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Well unfortunate call at the plate. Don't know that it was horrible from Barrett's angle in real time. Foot basically went over the plate which is hard to tell when looking down at it. The fact it was upheld just shows why replay sucks worse in baseball than other sports and might as well be done away with. If they don't have 40 different camera angles on the plate for a better view than that (which was still good enough) what's the point.

Fuck the Phillies, Arod, whoever else was with him.

What the actual fuck is the point of a review? The worst call of the year award has already been claimed.

Don't blame the ump for the initial call at all. Just so abundantly clear that he never came close to touching it over replay. His damn toe landed 8 inches away

What a terrible, terrible call. Homeplate umpire knew it too after seeing the replay.

Phillies fan here.

The initial call was wrong, but difficult in real time. From the ump's angle, the foot went over the edge of the plate. The replay was not clear enough to overturn it.

The whole thing was probably wrong, but a perfect storm because it was wrong but close in real time and basically inconclusive in replay. If the throw was 1-2 feet closer to the field of play, we're not discussing this.

This is why you don't insert politics into sports. Now you have to start questioning the integrity of the game.

This is why you don't insert politics into sports. Now you have to start questioning the integrity of the game.

You're actually suggesting that MLB called down to the replay office and said, "Make the Braves lose because of what their Republican government has been doing."? What purpose would that even possibly serve from MLB's perspective?

If that replay wasn't conclusive I don't know what conclusive is. Just terrible.

I was watching that game in the background without any sound, I saw they were doing the replay thing and when they showed a couple reviews I just assumed it was overturned. Of course since it takes a damn hour for some apparently half-blind old farts that can't hack it as actual umps anymore to figure out how to operate slow motion, I flipped away from the game only to be shocked when I returned for the last inning. Real win-win they have going in MLB replay - maximum disruption from a replay and challenge system that takes forever combined with still getting calls as clear as that one wrong anyway.

Probably not the last time Ozuna will be tested. He throws like he is actually left handed. Feels like he has been missing a lot of fat pitches too.

Need to address the bullpen ASAP. Maybe start by bringing Shane Greene back

What a bad loss last night. Bullpen couldn’t throw strikes but what the hell was Panda thinking on Ozzie’s second sac fly?

Yeah that was terrible. And after all that crappy play if Ender can just get a damn bunt down we still win, instead he strikes out bunting and we go on to lose. We really don't have anyone to bring up in place of Ender? He's just brutal at the plate.

Really wondering if Albies might consider just hitting righty all the time. Such a better hitter from that side across the board.

I guess we should be happy with 4 wins considering we have 5 starters batting under .200 to this point...

Shane Greene was at the game last night. How about giving him a call. Maybe he wouldn't walk every batter.

Back