• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

We’ve won something like 12 of Max’s last 13 starts. The one loss? At Dodger stadium. He’s from there. 60 tickets for friends and family. Ian only went 3 innings last time out so zero fatigue issue.

There’s a reason the Dodgers are pitching a bullpen game instead of running a starter out there. Their bullpen is pretty much the best in baseball. Max with the pressures of LA on the road against that bullpen versus pitching at home, combined with his history there… Would have loved to see him in Atlanta.

Sometimes you have to be realistic about who you are. The Braves were not going to close out the Dodgers in 5. It just wasn’t going to happen. The goal was to get one and come home to win one of two. Should have pitched Ian and saved our best for Atlanta.

a) fuck the dodgers
b) the writers claiming the series is over are complete idiots, but there on the espn main page is tim mckeown, claiming that the braves are basically done.

Series should be over except for Jackson throwing gopher ball to bellinger-------2020 anyone?

Series should be over except for Jackson throwing gopher ball to bellinger-------2020 anyone?

Meh - if Roberts wasn't a moron and pitched Urias in game 2, the Dodgers probably win that one. 3-2 feels exactly where it should be, IMHO.

Meh - if Roberts wasn't a moron and pitched Urias in game 2, the Dodgers probably win that one. 3-2 feels exactly where it should be, IMHO.

Coming in I didn't figure to be up 3-2 or 3-1 anyway. Leading the series is better than where I felt we should be, but I agree completely that given how the whole thing has gone Jackson throwing a fastball up to Bellinger was the most pivotal single pitch of the series. And it wreaks of previous letdowns vs. Dodgers.

a little silly to call it a gopher ball. was a good pitch, would agree with luke saying he'd throw it again.

The pitch was a good one. Most lefties cannot handle high heat. Probably should have been a little higher is my only thing plus I don't think I would have thrown that pitch twice in a row. Slider down and away would have been more to my liking and then comeback in with high heat if he laid off.

Sometimes you have to give the hitter credit. That was 97 MPH heat high in the zone. Most of the time, Bellinger (and almost every other lefty) Ks on that pitch or fouls it off.

Scherzer not starting tomorrow. I recall he said something along the lines of having a dead arm.

So any chance a Kershaw or Price could be brought in??? Otherwise another bullpen game as doubt they try Walker on only 3 days rest given he struggled last game?

No Kershaw. Price has been activated, but hasn't thrown at all since October 2nd or more than two innings in a game since August.

So any chance a Kershaw or Price could be brought in??? Otherwise another bullpen game as doubt they try Walker on only 3 days rest given he struggled last game?

Just read David Price was brought in earlier today to replace the “injured” Joe Kelly. A lefty Price will almost certainly start followed by righty Walker. Suddenly more nervous as David will be fresh and not as effective against lefties.

They have no Muncy or Turner, they have lost Joe Kelly and Justin Bruihl both to dead arms and now Scherzer. They would have no chance against Houston with all those injuries. If the Braves can't win with all that going for them, then the Dodgers deserve it.

Price hasn't pitched more than 2.2 innings TOTAL since August 25 and not at all since Oct 2. I have absolutely no idea how the Dodgers handle pitchers after the season if at all. I would be surprised if they had him doing anything at all for the last 21 days. Maybe they have some type of playoff backup squad that throws some but your guess is as good as mine. Command would seem to be the biggest hurdle in that scenario. Velocity might be higher than usual but would be more than offset by lack of command. Just don't see how this can really work for more than an inning or two which is all Price has been doing for a while anyway.

Buehler will get the start tonight for the Dodgers on three days rest. This will be his 2nd start on three days in his career. He threw 76 pitches on the 19th and only went 3.2 and gave up 6 hits and 2 earned runs. My guess is that he will probably be asked to do something similar tonight. 3 innings or so and then go to the pen. I like the Braves chances tonight. I think there is a chance we see Soler get the start at leadoff tonight and take the place of Pederson in RF. Bring Joc in as a PH where he seems to thrive. Look for Freddy, Albies, Riley and Swanson to have good games as the leaders of this team. The Braves want to end this thing tonight as they do not want to go to another game 7 with this team. Ian Anderson is on full rest and only threw 55 pitches in 3 innings in game 2. Look for him to have a good game and have a sharp breaking pitch.

Buehler will get the start tonight for the Dodgers on three days rest. This will be his 2nd start on three days in his career. He threw 76 pitches on the 19th and only went 3.2 and gave up 6 hits and 2 earned runs. My guess is that he will probably be asked to do something similar tonight. 3 innings or so and then go to the pen. I like the Braves chances tonight. I think there is a chance we see Soler get the start at leadoff tonight and take the place of Pederson in RF. Bring Joc in as a PH where he seems to thrive. Look for Freddy, Albies, Riley and Swanson to have good games as the leaders of this team. The Braves want to end this thing tonight as they do not want to go to another game 7 with this team. Ian Anderson is on full rest and only threw 55 pitches in 3 innings in game 2. Look for him to have a good game and have a sharp breaking pitch.

Very surprised Buehler gets the nod on only 3 days rest as he clearly was off last start. Hopefully Braves jump him early and often and give Ian some rope to play with as I don’t expect 2 mediocre starts from Ian and agree he is going to be better tonight. Agree with solver and bringing Joy off bench as D is better with Soler as well. Dodgers going full bullpen from here on out rotating guys for 1-2 innings??? Doubt extra day is going to help Scherzer if he can’t go with 4 days rest….

Nice to see a team other than the Braves making the short rest mistake. Seems like that was a hallmark of past Braves failures in the postseason, trying to ride 3 aces and overusing them.

What garbage giving up that hit to bellinger. You cannot play a shifted infield when he has. 2 strikes and behind on pitches. So snit.

Back