• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

What an unbelievable season. One of the most resilient teams in the history of baseball. I take back every bad thing I’ve said about Snit. Pay AA, Freddie, and Eddie whatever they want.

Congrats to all the diehards, especially Biff !

Always been a big fan of Soler, glad he'll be a legend for you guys

I remember watching that final pop fly to Grissom as an 8 year old at my grandparents’ place in ‘95. Pumped to add this memory!

Too weird. I was 7 watching at my grandparents’ on their wooden box TV. Teared up a bit thinking about that earlier, not gonna lie. Grandpa was a huge baseball and Braves fan.

Too weird. I was 7 watching at my grandparents’ on their wooden box TV. Teared up a bit thinking about that earlier, not gonna lie. Grandpa was a huge baseball and Braves fan.
I was 10 in '95. My great-grand pa was the reason I was Braves fan; always had the games on when we would visit. He passed a few months before that 95 world series. Yeah I teared up at this one too.

Go Braves

I was 12 in ‘95 and have no specific memories of the win but know that it happened.

Going to be awhile before I fall asleep.

I was 5 in '95 so my memories are more from the later years of the division titles with no postseason success. This one is very sweet. Such an improbable run. Like someone said above, one of the most resilient teams I've ever seen.

Just basking in a glorious day and enjoying watching all the postgame interviews and celebrations.

Going to be interesting off-season to see what they do with the 4 late season acquisitions as not sure any of those OFs are willing to come off bench except Joc. You have to assume you do everything you can to sign Rosario and Soler and probably Duvall, but guessing Joc might be odd guy out. With Acuna coming back you could see a Rosario, Acuna and either Soler or Duvall in RF? Have no idea what is even possible with the cap and having to resign Freddie as well. AA got his work cut out, but sure he is stoked to be in this position to make tough decisions given his brilliant moves before trade deadline. no most want to stay to make a repeat run as well…..

I grew up in north Florida. Therefore I grew up a Braves fan, as we had no in-state teams but we sure as hell had TBS, and my Dad took me to two games a year in Atlanta. At 6 I had lower case "a" hat and a Dale Murphy tee ball glove. Chipper was our idol in high school because he was also from rural Florida. I was a freshman at Wake during the 1995 series and made what later ended up being lifelong friends as we gathered to watch that series and win on campus.

Last night was pretty emotional. Freeman putting the last out ball in his pocket for his manager was a slick move.

I was in 12 in 1995 so I have some memories of that World Series mainly game 6. What a year/playoffs this turned out to be for the Braves after many years of heartbreak and disappointment in October. I thought Will Smith would blow at least one game, maybe 2 in the playoffs and he ended up with a 0 ERA. I am so happy for Snitker!

Congratulations to all the Braves fans. I know you all appreciate the win.

Kudos to the front office for acquiring the outfield pieces necessary to win. If they're smart they will keep a couple of them.

Jorge Soler was a joy to watch.

My parents are still in Atlanta, and my dad in particular was a big Braves fan. Being a kid for the Sid Bream slide was pretty epic since all I'd known before then was Dale Murphy and losing. Ever since their exit from the city he's harbored some serious anti-Braves sentiment and really quit following the team. For some reason a couple years ago I got a promotional deal on MLB Extra Innings here in DC and started watching them consistently, and in hindsight you could see this coming. They had so many comeback wins, so many odds-breaking performances against shutdown closers or elite starting pitchers - when you look back at how they started winning NL East titles - ahead of schedule so to speak - it was because so many guys could play hero on any given night. I kept bugging my dad to start watching them, I'd tell him about a crazy comeback or an insane play by Dansby or Albies. Took a while but he caved earlier this year, right when they spent weeks trying to break the .500 barrier and Acuna got hurt. He'd already gotten hooked though, so we've been routinely catching up on the charge to the World Series. He sent my 6-year-old son a collection of illustrations from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution of all the Braves players, and he put them all over his room in prep for the World Series.
Watching them win the whole damn thing was really, really fun for all 3 generations of us.

2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody doing the parade?

The downtown route goes right past my office and my office window overlooks Peachtree.

Last edited:
Probably time for a 2022 thread but

Jon Morosi: Sources: #Dodgers making a strong push for Freddie Freeman and have offered him a multiyear contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Meanwhile a Braves fan Twitter (with no blue check mark) saying per front office sources Freddie is signing with ATL for 6 years 185 million.

Back