Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112
Results 2,221 to 2,224 of 2224

Thread: 2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all the Braves fans. I know you all appreciate the win.

Kudos to the front office for acquiring the outfield pieces necessary to win. If they're smart they will keep a couple of them.

Jorge Soler was a joy to watch.

My parents are still in Atlanta, and my dad in particular was a big Braves fan. Being a kid for the Sid Bream slide was pretty epic since all I'd known before then was Dale Murphy and losing. Ever since their exit from the city he's harbored some serious anti-Braves sentiment and really quit following the team. For some reason a couple years ago I got a promotional deal on MLB Extra Innings here in DC and started watching them consistently, and in hindsight you could see this coming. They had so many comeback wins, so many odds-breaking performances against shutdown closers or elite starting pitchers - when you look back at how they started winning NL East titles - ahead of schedule so to speak - it was because so many guys could play hero on any given night. I kept bugging my dad to start watching them, I'd tell him about a crazy comeback or an insane play by Dansby or Albies. Took a while but he caved earlier this year, right when they spent weeks trying to break the .500 barrier and Acuna got hurt. He'd already gotten hooked though, so we've been routinely catching up on the charge to the World Series. He sent my 6-year-old son a collection of illustrations from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution of all the Braves players, and he put them all over his room in prep for the World Series.
    Watching them win the whole damn thing was really, really fun for all 3 generations of us.

2021 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody doing the parade?

The downtown route goes right past my office and my office window overlooks Peachtree.
    Last edited by DeaconCav06; 11-05-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    Hungry

Steve Lepore
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Anybody doing the parade?

The downtown route goes right past my office and my office window overlooks Peachtree.
    Jealous. It looks amazing!