• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

A sweep would put them at 11 back after the nationals lost tonight. That Mets W last night would’ve been huge. An 8 game lead going into a 4 game set? If we sweep, a 12 game lead essentially seals it up. If we get swept, a 4 game lead is somewhat comfortable, especially with each teams remaining schedule.

Works for me!

Hell of a series so far for the Braves. Nats will leave town at least 9 games back. Teams continue to come into Atlanta as the "hottest team" and the Braves keep beating their ass.

In winning 17 of 19, the Braves are only two back of the Dodgers in the loss column.

Really good Folty last night. He has turned a few good ones in a row. Soroka has been pretty so so lately. If Folty keeps it up, I think Teheran should be odd man out even though he has pitched great and I would pick up his option in offseason.

Also, a team milestone is in play with Acuna and Freeman with 38 HRs and Donaldson 37. Three players on same team with 40 HRs has only been done 3 times I think.

Braves are 7-0 in Folty's last seven starts.

It has been great to see Folty start to click and really pitch well along with Fried. Soroka seems to be struggling his last few starts, so will be interesting to see if he can turn it around to finish the season.

I'm sure Snitker will want to mix up lefties with righties unless an opponent is just atrocious against either side, but my gut says he is really going to value the more experienced pitchers, so would not be surprised to see Keuchel, Folty, and Teheran with Soroka as the 4th unless he continues to struggle or Fried just continues to dominate. Then you have either Soroka or Fried off the bench as a mid reliever for the first guy that has any hint of struggles early on.

Going to be a tough choice for the captain to make given how all of them are now pitching. I will say Soroka has been lights out on the road all year compared to the rest of the staff which is another reason Snit will likely give him the nod unless his struggles continue.

It has been great to see Folty start to click and really pitch well along with Fried. Soroka seems to be struggling his last few starts, so will be interesting to see if he can turn it around to finish the season.

I'm sure Snitker will want to mix up lefties with righties unless an opponent is just atrocious against either side, but my gut says he is really going to value the more experienced pitchers, so would not be surprised to see Keuchel, Folty, and Teheran with Soroka as the 4th unless he continues to struggle or Fried just continues to dominate. Then you have either Soroka or Fried off the bench as a mid reliever for the first guy that has any hint of struggles early on.

Going to be a tough choice for the captain to make given how all of them are now pitching. I will say Soroka has been lights out on the road all year compared to the rest of the staff which is another reason Snit will likely give him the nod unless his struggles continue.

Barring them both absolutely imploding in the last 3 weeks of the season, both Fried and Soroka are locks for the playoff rotation, as is Keuchel. The only question is if it is Julio or Folty in the 4th spot.

Barring them both absolutely imploding in the last 3 weeks of the season, both Fried and Soroka are locks for the playoff rotation, as is Keuchel. The only question is if it is Julio or Folty in the 4th spot.

Agreed. Soroka has struggled a bit down the stretch but he's been in the Cy Young conversation for portions of the year. You're not leaving a guy like that out of the postseason rotation. If they can lock the division up soon, I expect they'll try to skip him in the rotation a couple times to get him some rest.

Agreed. Soroka has struggled a bit down the stretch but he's been in the Cy Young conversation for portions of the year. You're not leaving a guy like that out of the postseason rotation. If they can lock the division up soon, I expect they'll try to skip him in the rotation a couple times to get him some rest.

I don’t know. Think they have to keep the pedal down if chance to catch Dodgers as only down 3 now after being down 8-9 games just a couple of weeks ago. Home field throughout NL playoffs would be huge especially with our young team. Unless coaches think he is struggling due to wearing out and will continue to struggle unless they rest him?

We will see.

Camargo just fouled a pitch off his shin and had to get carried off the field. Not great.

Can reduce the magic number to one tonight

Dropping back 5 games to Dodgers with only 9 games left it probably is time to start resting our starters and giving some starts to Bryse, Kyle and possibly touki to get them some innings/experience down the stretch. Just don't see us making up 5 on Dodgers with only 9 left and it is clear our starters need some rest the way they have been giving up HR ball a lot recently compared to early in the season. No way Natty cakes are taking 9 straight and Bravos losing 9 straight so Division is essentially wrapped up and now is the time to start getting the much needed rest to pitchers as well as some of the fielders.

Back