• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

So they’re going to send Acuna like every time he gets on base now right?

They have to. Once in a lifetime milestone opportunity.

In Thursday's game, there was a point where Joyce was on second and Acuna walked. I told a friend of mine that Joyce needed to get picked off so Acuna could steal second. Of course, Ozzie then grounded out to move both runners up and Freddie hit a two run single so it worked out.

Hopefully they let Acuna run at will and try to get 3 over last 5 games. Won't be easy, but would be great if could get one vs. KC then at least give him a chance going into weekend's series.

So in a 5 game playoff would you pitch 3 of our starters or 4? Foltys has been on fire in Sept. giving up 2 runs over 26 innings while Teheran has not giving up 11 over 21 innings including 6 bombs and Max likewise has strugged outside his one great start vs. Nats early in month. Dallas and Soroka have been solid in Sept. and have to think those 2 get a starting assignment to start things off although Dallas will not be the game 1 starter as he is slated to pitch final game Sunday and doubt they would hand him the ball with only 3 days rest before game 1 on Thursday.

Or do they pitch all 5???? I think you see Soroka in game 1 follwed by Folty, Fried and then Keuchel and possibly Teheran if they get to a game 5 unless Soroka or Folty are just lights out in their first game????

Keuchel is pitching before game 4. You don't pay a dude that much money, with that much experience, to potentially not start (if there's a sweep either way).

I'd go Soroka, Keuchel, Folty, Fried, and either Soroka or Keuchel if necessary.

Keuchel is pitching before game 4. You don't pay a dude that much money, with that much experience, to potentially not start (if there's a sweep either way).

I'd go Soroka, Keuchel, Folty, Fried, and either Soroka or Keuchel if necessary.

Same.

I think they go w/ a 3 man rotation with Soroka, Keuchel, Folty. Gonna use Max and Julio in relief. One starter always seems to implode and only go 3 innings or something so it'll be nice to have Max ready to go. I can also see us going with a bullpen game for game 5 if needed.

Seems unlikely they'd bench the pitcher leading the club in wins and strikeouts considering they've won 16 of his last 20 starts.

Saw speculation today that Soroka would be the game 3 starter based on his performance on the road this season. No clue if it has merit.

He was hanging out in the dugout, no treatment or anything. Probably just being as cautious as possible.

Seems unlikely they'd bench the pitcher leading the club in wins and strikeouts considering they've won 16 of his last 20 starts.

Ah yes, the end all be all of pitcher stats - wins! In his last 7 starts, he's pitched to a 5.30ERA. While his peripherals tell a better story than the results, I'm not sure you run a guy out there who, before this season, had barely thrown more than 100 innings in a year. His results point to the fact that he's starting to wear down. But because they've won 16 of the last 20, he should be starting in the post season? That stat is pretty arbitrary as the Braves have one of the most potent offenses in baseball, able to break open a game or make a comeback at any time.

Tonight is a prime example of needing a guy like Max to come out of the pen in the postseason. A starter gets rocked, we need to eat innings effectively and keep it close, bring him in.

Sounds like it's going to be Kuechel, Folty, Soroka. Soroka's next start has been pushed to Sunday to give him some rest and his road record is ridiculous.

I heard an interview with Glavine last week and this was basically his argument as well. I don't feel great about any of our pitchers honestly. I think we'll need to score a ton of runs to have a chance in the playoffs.

Sounds like it's going to be Kuechel, Folty, Soroka. Soroka's next start has been pushed to Sunday to give him some rest and his road record is ridiculous.

That makes sense given how strong Soroka' road record has been so strong. Also makes sense in pushing Folty to Friday to get him some pitching before postseason and then he gets a full weeks rest. I'm guessing you decide on game 4 starter depending on how series is going and whether you need to use Fried or Teheran as middle relief if one of the starters blows up in first 3 games, but could definitely see Fried go in game 4 if Braves are up in series and he isn't used much the first 3 games.

Guessing Cards pitch Flaherty, Hudson and Wainwright for their first 3 games. Should be fun.

Back