• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

He threw 30+ pitches last night and as totally ineffective.

So this. Just mind boggling to go to him but such a Bobby Cox coaching move in going back to a guy to show confidence after disastrous outing. Would have liked Greene to have pitched 9th with Melancon backing up if he struggled as would be nice to get his confidence going and Greene Had some nice shut down puttings down the stretch in Sept.

So this. Just mind boggling to go to him but such a Bobby Cox coaching move in going back to a guy to show confidence after disastrous outing. Would have liked Greene to have pitched 9th with Melancon backing up if he struggled as would be nice to get his confidence going and Greene Had some nice shut down puttings down the stretch in Sept.

Agree, it was a Bobby thing to do. Almost like, "I am going to show everyone that I know what I am doing, even if it costs us a game." I wonder would he have been so keen on putting in Melancon if the score had remained 1-0 with no margin for error? Melancon pitched as well as he had pitched all season with the Braves last night and he still gave up a few hits. Maybe that is the spark he needs to go on a run and really help this bullpen. I hope so.

Folty was amazing. Had all his pitches working and McCann called an excellent game. Really mixed pitches well. Gladly trade McCann's knowledge and experience behind the dish for his hitting.

Couldn't be happier for Duvall. Guy is a grinder and really came through in a big spot last night.

Go Braves.

Can Braves hitters just pretend this is their ace?

It's been a long time since we broke a team's heart in the postseason.

I'd go w/ Keuchel based on only 74 pitches in Game 1 & pitching just half the season. I'd keep Julio on stand by if he gets in trouble early and not use Fried if possible. I'd rather try to close it out in Game 4 with Folty (only 80 pitches in Game 2) as the fall back option for Game 5 with a somewhat rested Fried available.

So who starts game 4?

I'd go w/ Keuchel based on only 74 pitches in Game 1 & pitching just half the season. I'd keep Julio on stand by if he gets in trouble early and not use Fried if possible. I'd rather try to close it out in Game 4 with Folty (only 80 pitches in Game 2) as the fall back option for Game 5 with a somewhat rested Fried available.

Keuchel sucks. If you start him you had better be ready to win a game 5 in Atlanta. He has a 5.35 ERA & a 1.78 WHIP in his last four starts (which is close to the 5.01 ERA & 1.63 WHIP for his 9 total road starts with Atlanta). 36 of the 97 batters he faced reached base. And he doesn't miss bats. His K/9 ratio for those starts was only 4.5.

It's been a long time since we broke a team's heart in the postseason.

Agree wholeheartedly on this. Let's break their hearts one more time and celebrate a trip to the NLCS in their locker room. That's something that's happened way too often in our locker rooms...

I kinda want to go Keuchel today just to avoid him pitching game 5 in Atlanta. I would much rather have Folty in that one and I don't trust that Snitker would skip the prized free agency pickup in the deciding game.

I have no patience for Keuchel. He’s been getting shelled for a month. Pull him now. He cannot be in the NLCS rotation if we make it.

They should have pitch hit for him here in the 3rd. It's the playoffs. Think outside the box especially with a starter that gave up two dingers in the first.

Back