• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I’m not sure if I’ve ever been so angry after one of my teams lost like this. I watched about 90-100 games this season, in full. I loved watching every minute of this team. They reignited the passion I had for baseball when I watched the 14 year division title run with my late grandad.

And then... they have one of the most historic meltdowns in playoff history. I honestly don’t know what to say. There are no words. When you have that sort of performance in the most critical game of your season, heads have to roll. There have to be changes.

Same old Braves-----choke when it means the most-they should be ashamed and be made to go to Cardinals locker room and watch them celebrate what a real team can do under pressure !

Story will be pitching let down. Should have won in four. 2-5 hitters batting .120 something in series is ducking terrible.

Let's just blame Acuna's blunders in Game 1 and be done with it.

You guys have it all wrong. It was the fault of the Cards RP who complained about the tomahawk chop being offensive to his Cherokee heritage. The Redbirds would have gone out in order if the Braves fans had been able to use that "cheer" before the game.

This game will go down (as one of MANY) of the worst games of my life. Going to the bottom of a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel. See you guys next year. Go Braves.

You guys have it all wrong. It was the fault of the Cards RP who complained about the tomahawk chop being offensive to his Cherokee heritage. The Redbirds would have gone out in order if the Braves fans had been able to use that "cheer" before the game.

Where's Chief Nok-A-Homa when you need him?

Horribly disappointed with how the first inning went yesterday.

Braves did not hit well especially the meat of the lineup. The Braves essentially lost this series in game one with poor bullpen choices. Should never have gone to a game 4 or 5.

Shitker is not a good game manager or strategist. I fear he will be back as he has a multi year contract. I was more pissed off with Shitker letting Flowers bat for McCann in the 9th as he HAD to know BMac was retiring. The guy has meant a lot to the team and city and should have been allowed to at least walk to the plate and get the ovation he deserved. Can't imagine a player not wanting to tip his cap and say "thank you" to the fans one last time.

On a brighter note, only 125 day until pitchers and catchers report for spring training!

THis guy gets it

I don't blame Snitker for this series. The dude was pretty aggressive with his bench and bullpen. Martin's injury totally fucked them in Game 1. Sure, if he'd known Martin was going to injure himself warming up, he'd have kept Fried in for another inning rather than going to Jackson there. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to criticize as far as in-game strategy.

I don't think holding Soroka for Game 3 and continuing to play Markakis and bat him 5th were decisions made by Snitker without front office input. They held Sororka because of his home/road splits and relative inexperience. As far as Markakis, either he or Joyce was going to start, and Joyce sucked just as much as Markakis, so not sure it would have made much difference.

Ultimately they lost because Freeman, Donaldson, Markakis, Joyce, and McCann didn't hit at all. They join a looooooong line of otherwise good Braves hitters who couldn't hit in the postseason (still salty about Gary Sheffield popping up to 3rd about 25 times in 2002 and 2003). Tough pill to swallow, made worse by having to see the freaking Nats make the NLCS.

Nats put 7 runs on Cards in first inning game 4-----sweep is on----foul mouth Card manager Shildt getting his payback---karma is a b-tch ain"t hahaha

I’ve very much enjoyed watching the Cards get swept into oblivion and the first inning tonight was the cherry on top. Fuck the Cardinals and their bitchass manager.

I was broken-hearted to see they had no ground balls right over the bag like they did 6 times vs Atlanta. Nor did they have multiple infield dribblers that were hits. I guess the Braves took all that out of them. My only regret was only seeing 7 runs score in the first inning. I was hoping for at least 11.

Back