• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Ozuna resigned the other day for 4 years with a 5th year option.

Also rumor that we are seeking Jose Ramirez in a trade involving Waters, Riley, Langliers, and De La Cruz.

Would be good with that since Ramirez is under control thru 2024.

Also rumor that we are seeking Jose Ramirez in a trade involving Waters, Riley, Langliers, and De La Cruz.

Would be good with that since Ramirez is under control thru 2024.

I wish it were Inciarte instead of Riley. Riley is a strikeout machine, but has potential. He can play 3B, LF and probably 1st or RF if he had to. I think Inciarte needs new scenery or his career wont last much longer. Unfortunately, he has almost zero trade value.

I mean, I wish we could get a bucket of balls for Inciarte but that ain't happening. Hoping to replace Riley w/ him in a trade package is a dream that will never come to fruition because no team is that dumb.

I mean, I wish we could get a bucket of balls for Inciarte but that ain't happening. Hoping to replace Riley w/ him in a trade package is a dream that will never come to fruition because no team is that dumb.

Isn't Inciarte somewhere around 7 mil per year? Not a good value batting .190.

If he looks healthy and not completely lost in ST, I will guess Inciarte is still on opening day roster to manipulate Pache clock. A real LHH OF has to be on the wish list be it now or midseason.

Interesting signing of Jake Lamb. Hit 29 HR in 2016 and 30 in 2017. Rejuvenation year. Left-handed hitter that can play 3rd and 1st. Think this is bye-bye Camargo.

Interesting signing of Jake Lamb. Hit 29 HR in 2016 and 30 in 2017. Rejuvenation year. Left-handed hitter that can play 3rd and 1st. Think this is bye-bye Camargo.

Could be. But it's probably Lamb as the bench 3B/1B and Camargo in the super utility role. Without Camargo, the only guy that can backup 2B/SS on the 40 man roster is Jack Mayfield.

No one has signed Nick Markakis. Is his MLB career over? If you consider him an active player, he is top 10 among active players in ABs, hits, runs, RBI, walks, and extra base hits. Markakis also has 3 gold gloves.

And, Markakis just announced he is retiring. Always felt he was undervalued. FWIW, Nick was coveted by some MLB teams as a pitcher coming out if JUCO, at that time, he was a left that it could run it up in the mid-90s.

How quickly they forget Drew Waters. Doesn’t make me any less excited to see Harris develop though!

Opening Day coming up quick. Thankfully we've made it through Spring Training without any significant injuries. Max gets the nod on Thursday. Pache has made the OD roster too. Bench, which seemed like a strength last season, seems rather weak this year.

Happy opening day. Should be a fun season. Wish we would’ve hammered out an extension with Freddie & maybe some young guys but so it goes.

Nice to have an Opening Day with all 30 teams slated for action. (Already one rainout though.)

Hopefully the Braves and Phillies dodge the rain this afternoon.

Back