• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I did watch. Some bad luck but this bullpen makes a lot of bad luck.

The bullpen continues to be a concern... That said this is a huge 6 game week and we have won the first two

Camargo getting alot of flack from Braves beat writers last night.

Unfortunately missed the game but caught a clip - are the beat writers disgusted with him missing the bag with his right foot when turning the double play?

Camargo getting alot of flack from Braves beat writers last night.

Unfortunately missed the game but caught a clip - are the beat writers disgusted with him missing the bag with his right foot when turning the double play?

It was a routine double play to end the game and he didn’t get either out because he dropped the ball before touching second base.

I do wonder if he is a dick because the Braves media guys seem to go harder after him than most guys. He has been all around garbage this year though.

He couldn't come up with sharp grounder when Martin was pitching which Duvall threw to the wrong bag. He was lucky he didn't get doubled up when Tejada fell over at second. He and Flowers were awful last night.

He couldn't come up with sharp grounder when Martin was pitching which Duvall threw to the wrong bag. He was lucky he didn't get doubled up when Tejada fell over at second. He and Flowers were awful last night.

Cumargo and Flowers have been awful for most, if not all, of the season.

He had a clutch 3 run homer vs Marlins that Melancon promptly pissed away last week. He had a 10th inning homer vs Nats in June to win a game in Washington. It's easy to criticize these guys but when you play infrequently it's difficult to be consistent. Last year he was .270, 24 homers and 70+ RBI's was he not? I'm sure there are many teams who would covet that.

2019 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: CyRoka

Flowers was terrible. I can’t believe he reached base on that little dribbler. My wife and I rewound it 3 times to figure out who screwed up.

He had a clutch 3 run homer vs Marlins that Melancon promptly pissed away last week. He had a 10th inning homer vs Nats in June to win a game in Washington. It's easy to criticize these guys but when you play infrequently it's difficult to be consistent. Last year he was .270, 24 homers and 70+ RBI's was he not? I'm sure there are many teams who would covet that.

He was definitely a main reason we made the playoffs last year and has had a few moments this year but as a whole, in his new role, he's been below average in 2019.

Flowers is terrible.

Flowers was terrible. I can’t believe he reached base on that little dribbler. My wife and I rewound it 3 times to figure out who screwed up.

It was the pitcher's fault for not covering first. Also, he got thrown out on a 9-6 fielder's choice at 2nd, which I don't think I've ever seen before in my life. Screwed Joyce out of a hit (still got an RBI). He may be slower than McCann, and certainly is worse at every other aspect of the game.

Flowers should be cut. Camargo sucks in the field and with the bat. Useless. Give me Chuckie Clutch until we get Dansby back.

I think I forgot Flowers was 33 and when they showed that last night, I immediately wondered why he was still on the team.

I have no idea what, if any, decent catcher prospects are in the system but it seems like having them around McCann and learning from him would be more valuable than a catcher that can’t catch.

I think I forgot Flowers was 33 and when they showed that last night, I immediately wondered why he was still on the team.

I have no idea what, if any, decent catcher prospects are in the system but it seems like having them around McCann and learning from him would be more valuable than a catcher that can’t catch.

Their first pick in the draft this year was a college catcher. The other top prospect is also at least a year away.

Back