• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

By gutting the bullpen they've ruined this team. Even with Freeman slumping for months, they're still finding ways to score, making stellar defensive plays, they have a bunch of clutch hits to take leads after deficits... But it's all pointless because the bullpen is basically guaranteed to give up 3-4 runs every night if handed any kind of lead.

Complete 180 from last year, and it makes the games brutal to watch. Ozuna was having such a horrible year offensively and he was such a bad fielder that they've actually gotten better on both sides with him gone. At this point you just have to hope everyone gets hot and they somehow sneak into the playoffs for some experience, particularly for the younger starters. Next year get Soroka, Ynoa, and d'Arnoud back, keep the nucleus of Freddie/Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Riley together - just have to add solid bullpen help and it's a world series contending team. Somehow I feel like they're going to fuck it up though.

Nothing kills a MLB team's mojo like a bullpen that blows game after game.

Soroka tore his Achilles again. I’m so sad for him, that could be his career right there

Every time the braves get to 500 they seem to lose 3 or 4 games in a row. That being said they are only 3 and a 1/2 games at the 1st place.

Both the Mets and Nationals have an endless list of injuries. The Phillies bullpen is a farce. The Marlins are the Marlins. It's going to be a war of attrition to finish line in the NL East.

Turned that trash off in the mid 9th.

Lollllllllerz Marlins are awful.

Turned that trash off in the mid 9th.

Lollllllllerz Marlins are awful.

And don't you feel like the faithless dumbass for doing that. Fried, yes Fried, with the walk off 10th inning single after coming back from 9th inning 4 run deficit. Never say die. Chop chop

And don't you feel like the faithless dumbass for doing that. Fried, yes Fried, with the walk off 10th inning single after coming back from 9th inning 4 run deficit. Never say die. Chop chop

And that is one thing that makes baseball unique in sports. You never run out of time. As long as the batters are successful at getting on base, time never ends. Three outs and you are done.

Lol. Faithless dumbass watching a wildly underachieving team play their 80th or so awful game of the season where they pinch hit a pitcher to go for the win? Right. I think you were looking for the fans who stopped watching after 10 games, but feel free to continue with shitty takes.

Don’t really have anyone to sell. Luke Jackson? Charlie Morton? Tough scenes.

Hopefully this pushes the Freeman contract across the line.

Yep. Forget this year, just get Freeman signed, rehab Acuna, Soroka, d'Arnoud, Ynoa, and Touki. Get Ozuna's contract voided, buy a bat to replace him, focus on 2022.

Touki struck out 11 like 2 days ago and d’Arnaud isn’t under contract next year FYI.

For Gwinett, sure. I just mean no reason to rush anyone back now. Will be interesting to see if they stick with Contreras after sending him back down or re-sign d'Arnoud on the cheap after his injury. I'd like to see them tack on a year, avoid rushing Contreras, and covering the rest for a WS run next year.

Every game I watch is the same; starter too long and Minter used correct situationally but in a spot far too high leverage for him.

Back