• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Duvall and Rosario would be a nice platoon. Is that a good way to spend $18m when your only other MLB caliber outfielder is not avail opening day and coming off ACL tear? No but we didn’t have a center fielder and probably got a little too sentimental about the mid season pickups who were postseason heroes and forgot they were had for nothing half a season earlier.

I realize he totally capitalized on his WS success but I would have rather kept Soler if possible than Ozuna.

I am no Ozuna fan but Soler has been one of the worst players in the league, not to mention that it wasn’t an either/or situation. Ozuna was already under contract.

Yes, that ball has yet to land. I give the guy credit, he had a good series but I am convinced he landed that big deal off that one hit.

I haven't seen a ball hit like that since I watched a teammate (a former LB at Georgia) on a travel softball team hit a ball probably close to 500 ft.

Snitker says Acuna’s groin “is nothing big. It won’t be long.”
Oh, my…

This team is straight up bad right now. Unlike last year the division could get out of reach if things don’t turn around soon.

13 more strikeouts yesterday.

Pitching not totally up to speed yet.

Hitting, pitch selection/recognition is awful. They seem to have no sense of pitcher tendencies or scouting reports.

They seem to need an entirely different approach to hitting. I know from time to time they bring in Chipper to help a little with hitting. Might be time to see if we can get him on a more permanent basis. Hope they get it figured out soon.

Man the Braves are a fucking disgrace right now. Adam Duvall in particular needs a couple days off.

They seem to need an entirely different approach to hitting. I know from time to time they bring in Chipper to help a little with hitting. Might be time to see if we can get him on a more permanent basis. Hope they get it figured out soon.

won't happen unless chipper decides to get vaccinated

Man the Braves are a fucking disgrace right now. Adam Duvall in particular needs a couple days off.

I respect your ATL cred but the Reds are the disgrace, the Braves are struggling but still smack in the middle of the League and MLB standings.

That is true regarding our team. The big difference, as I said above, is that we can’t bank on the division staying within reach like it did last year.

That is true regarding our team. The big difference, as I said above, is that we can’t bank on the division staying within reach like it did last year.

Sure, but I doubt the division can count on the Braves waiting until the 2nd half to start clicking either. Don't see the team hitting .200 for that much longer.

Our bullpen has turned to ass. Though we still have the 8th best bullpen ERA in MLB.

Back