• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Braves have so many all-or-nothing hitters. When they are all nothing, man it's ugly.

Seems like every year SF gets an inordinate amount of soft hits

atl awfully negative for a team that has gone 16-2 in the last 18.

Looking towards the deadline, it will be interesting what AA does this year. Nelson Cruz would be an interesting DH/bench power bat rental. If Soroka is looking sharp, I don't think SP much of a need. A young reliever or two wouldn't hurt. Our pen is old AF.

atl awfully negative for a team that has gone 16-2 in the last 18.

Looking towards the deadline, it will be interesting what AA does this year. Nelson Cruz would be an interesting DH/bench power bat rental. If Soroka is looking sharp, I don't think SP much of a need. A young reliever or two wouldn't hurt. Our pen is old AF.

We basically have a month to see if Arcia can keep up a fraction of this production too. 2b could easily be a need.

We basically have a month to see if Arcia can keep up a fraction of this production too. 2b could easily be a need.

Could be. Platoon of Arcia and Gosselin ought to be OK with Ozzie coming back prior to the playoffs, though. The thinking (that I shared) of potentially shipping Dansby in a deal has certainly died down.

Just stopping by to say the game last night was awesome.

Also folks think our broadcast team stinks? Who doesn't like Chip and Frenchy??? Brian Jordan's voice is a little grating but his insight into hitting is great. I guess some folks hate everything.

Could be. Platoon of Arcia and Gosselin ought to be OK with Ozzie coming back prior to the playoffs, though. The thinking (that I shared) of potentially shipping Dansby in a deal has certainly died down.

Haha I shared that too. I still think shopping Ozuna may be worthwhile.

Just stopping by to say the game last night was awesome.

Also folks think our broadcast team stinks? Who doesn't like Chip and Frenchy??? Brian Jordan's voice is a little grating but his insight into hitting is great. I guess some folks hate everything.

Yeah, I also find this weird. I don’t love Frenchy, but I definitely like Chip, Byrd, and BJ. I did not like Glavine.

The Braves broadcast stench is becoming nationally-known.
Glavine is dull, BJ is meh.
Non-Braves fans seem to hate Chip.
Frenchy and Byrd are good

I don't mind the TV guys but I'm loving the MLB.TV feature that lets me watch while listening to the radio guys (Ben Ingram and Joe Simpson, with some Jim Powell mixed in here and there.)

*The only issue so far is that feature only seems to work on my computer/phone; once I Chromecast it to the TV it reverts back to the TV audio feed.

I don't mind the TV guys but I'm loving the MLB.TV feature that lets me watch while listening to the radio guys (Ben Ingram and Joe Simpson, with some Jim Powell mixed in here and there.)

*The only issue so far is that feature only seems to work on my computer/phone; once I Chromecast it to the TV it reverts back to the TV audio feed.

I had no idea this was an option. I watch on MLB TV on my Apple TV app. I may have to try to figure this out. I love the radio guys.

Yeah, I remember having some discussion on here during the playoff run about trying to sync up radio with video so I could listen to radio guys. I found the option kinda by accident a week or so ago after signing back up for the video portion of MLB.tv when they ran a half off deal.

In other news, it's always nice to see us back on TBS a few nights a season for old times sake.

It's interesting to think about Strider's role in the future. Seems like on twitter/reddit the prevailing view is a Jansen replacement. I'd prefer him as a starter as solid bullpen guys are easier to find as rentals.

His velocity does seem down though following his last long start. Potentially concerning.

Good chance to IL Strider after this with next start being LAD and need to skip 8-10 would be starts.

Back