• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

"Wait, you can do that?!"

-Washington Nationals, probably

Braves decision to eschew all Boras clients is paying off.

The Nats decision to cultivate Boras clients has not.

I forget which players but I think it’s the Olson, Albies, Acuna, Riley, and Harris contracts combined are $7 million less than Mike Trout’s contract.

Soroka pitched 4 innings of 1 hit ball with 8 Ks in Rome. 35/45 pitches for strikes. Could be a massive fresh weapon come playoff time, if he gets at least a few MLB quality starts under his belt.

Fried
Morton
Soroka
Strider
Wright
Anderson
Odorizzi

That’s quite the pitching depth for 7 game series, and could bolster an already strong pen. Even if Anderson and/or Odorizzi don’t return to form, you’re still in fine shape.

Odorizzi looks really bad.

Love Morton right now, need him to keep it going.

Odorizzi looks really bad.

That was a weird start for him. Effective at times but threw a bunch of batting practice pitches up there. Just not competitive at times, like he was fatigued or something. Not great.

Would much rather throw Anderson or Muller. He needs to sit.

It also didn't help that our first 5 hitters went 0-17 with 10 Ks. That's hilariously bad. And we still almost won!

I'd assume that'll be it for Ozuna and the Braves...

Two years $18 million per year left on his contract. Perhaps, multiple arrests would allow the Braves to terminate the deal.

Two years $18 million per year left on his contract. Perhaps, multiple arrests would allow the Braves to terminate the deal.

The money is definitely guaranteed. MLB doesn’t do anything about DUI’s. He was probably getting DFA’d even before this. We eat the money and move on.

The money is definitely guaranteed. MLB doesn’t do anything about DUI’s. He was probably getting DFA’d even before this. We eat the money and move on.

I thought if he was still on probation the Braves might get some relief. Appears that is not the case.

I was disappointed he was still on the team this year. I understand it is a lot of money but just on based on performance he is hurting the team with a roster spot regardless of everything else. Braves will be better on the field without him. A no-brainer as far as I am concerned.

I was thinking we would never catch the Mets after dropping 4 of 5 in NYC, but if we can end this weekend only 3 1/2 back after playing Houston, we will be right there.

Back