• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I don’t think people will get how big this is. The offense sorely needs someone who just gets base hits and puts the ball in play.

Bold move to cut Flotzy after one start. They know something we don't.

None of us would be panicking 5 games into a 162 game season. It just feels very urgent at the moment.

Cutting a 6.4 million dollar starter after one start is always cause for concern.

The talking heads on MLBN were all in agreement that this would be the major difference we'd see in a 60 game mini-season. They seem to have been right. Staff doesn't know anything we don't. A hot arm (or hot bat) matters alot more this year than the normal 162 game analytics. You're either producing or not.

Listened to the game on the radio on the way back from the golf course and they really need to fine tune the fake crowd noise. Fried struck a guy out in the fifth and it sounded like the Braves won the pennant.

If anyone can find video of the non-slide in the 9th inning please post it.

Folty cleared waivers. Something weird is going on.

Think it mostly deals with money. With teams nickle & diming and not committing to pay minor leaguers, not sure they want to take on almost $3mil for a subpar pitcher.

Fried was en fuego last night. Hit 99 with one fastball that barely missed outside. When he's on, I think he's even better than Soroka, but definitely less consistent.

Fried was en fuego last night. Hit 99 with one fastball that barely missed outside. When he's on, I think he's even better than Soroka, but definitely less consistent.

When he throws it for strikes, Fried’s curveball has gotta be considered one of the best pitches in MLB. That thing drops more than Kershaw’s curve does.

Fried definitely awesome last night. Another good outing for the bullpen. Interested to see what we get from Newcomb, Wright and ??? over the next 3 days.

Gotta go opener/platoon for at least one of the 5 starts. Our bullpen is pretty loaded. Send Greene or Martin out there first for a couple innings (or back to back), and have Tomlin or Chacin come in for long relief once we hopefully get a lead. Once Smith is active, you could argue the Braves have the deepest bullpen in baseball.

Looks like the Ozuna Donaldson switch is a big win. Donaldson is hurt again.

Looks like the Ozuna Donaldson switch is a big win. Donaldson is hurt again.

Yep. Camargo and Riley are doing a great job on defense. Riley is quicker than I thought and I would love to be able to throw a baseball like Camargo. Dude has an absolute cannon.

Braves are blacked out for me in NC on YTTV today. Why are there blackouts in a pandemic when nobody can attend games?

Braves are blacked out for me in NC on YTTV today. Why are there blackouts in a pandemic when nobody can attend games?

The game is on TBS today, is that the channel that is blacked out for you?

You are in Braves’ territory so the game is on Fox Sports.

Back