• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Braves will always be the team of the Carolina’s. They’re due for a deep run

Bases loaded no outs and no runs. Just unacceptable there. The only bad AB was Duvall's K, Nick and Riley both hit the ball hard at least

Bases loaded no outs and no runs. Just unacceptable there. The only bad AB was Duvall's K, Nick and Riley both hit the ball hard at least

Disappointing, at least. Like you said, some good swings and contact. Except for Duvall. Oof.

But good to see Freeman finally find some green. He's been hitting the ball well. And Ozuna with and RBI, then holy crap d'Arnaud!

Dansby, Ozzie, and d'Arnaud hitting the ball well is going to be so critical moving forward. The top 3 are consistently going to get theirs, but if the guys behind them are also hot, it's hard to hold this lineup under 4-5 runs.

If the Duvall, Markakis, and Riley portion of the lineup is also hitting at an even mediocre level, it's hard for this lineup to lose games regardless of the pitching.

So do we have anything for the Dodgers? Again our pitching is looking really strong right now.

So do we have anything for the Dodgers? Again our pitching is looking really strong right now.

Dodgers have massive bullpen issues. They had to take Kenley Jansen out last night after he couldn't get anyone out. His velo is down. Will be interesting to see what happens if either the NLCS or ALCS goes 7 games, as IIRC, there will be no off days. We are only 4 days into the Astros/A's series and both pitching staffs are running on fumes. If a series goes 7 games, it could get ridiculous.

No clue what we're gonna do in games 4 & 5 but these pitchers have been amazing.

Fried is young. Think he'll go again in game 5 as long as he has no lingering back/ankle issues from earlier in the season. I was a little nervous when his pitch count got up to see his fastball drop to around 92 MPH, but the next inning it was right back to 95/96.

If we're up 2-1 or even 3-0 somehow going into game 4, I think they try Wilson, hoping to get 4-5 innings or so. If we're down 2-1, I think they'll go with the veteran in Tomlin and then bullpen game. I like Tomlin, and he's been huge for the Braves the last two years, but I think the Dodgers would hammer his stuff.

That Fried stat they mentioned last night, that hitters are batting .045 with a full count against him, is crazy. Seems like he's got zero nerves in the playoffs, has the ability to kick it up a notch with runners in scoring position, and when he does give up a dinger or a couple runs he settles back down immediately. Hard not to be excited about the direction the Braves are headed considering where they are now with only 2 starters.

Winning game 1 is just such a big deal, I don't think it can be overstated. It alleviates so much of the pressure that is on Wright and Wilson in games 3 and 4, and gives us way more flexibility with how to deploy the bullpen in games 4-5.

If we win tonight or tomorrow, I would not be surprised to see Fried pushed back to game 6 on full rest instead of game 5, with Anderson going in game 7 also on full rest. In reality, that hinges on what Wilson does in game 4: if he goes 3 IP or less, it's going to be hard to do a bullpen day in game 5. If he goes 4+ IP, I could foresee a true bullpen game 5 looking something like Ynoa and Tomlin splitting 5 or so innings between them.

Back