• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Ender’s offense is massively outweighing his defense. He is a black hole in the lineup.

Is there a reason Winkler wasn’t with the team the first 3 weeks of the season?

Good win last night, but just found this gem:

Braves relievers have walked 14.8 percent of the batters faced and have allowed opponents to produce a .366 on-base percentage.

It's astounding that the Braves have a winning record with those bullpen stats.

Caught the Knights-Stripers game yesterday. Austin Riley hit a ball into outer space. 2 HRs (to go along with what looked like 2 errors).

Austin Riley is good & is forcing his way onto the ML roster.

Also, we suck on the west coast.

Adam Duvall is raking too. Time to bring him up or trade him. Send Ender packing.

Really? Gold glove outfielder and consistent .280 hitter? Check his last 12 games he's hitting over .300. Duvall sucks. He was on team all season last year and did nothing.

I think the players that could end up being traded are Ender, Camargo, Culberson and Duvall.

Camargo and Culberson serve a very similar role, so I could see one of them being traded, but not both. Duvall just doesn't fill a need. I really like Ender, but if he were traded and Acuna moved to center, would we be losing a whole lot on defense? He also might bring the most value in a trade. I also am a fan of Charlie and Johan and don't really want them in another uniform, but I'm just guessing at what the people in charge might be thinking.

Also, If Ender and Duvall are traded, then you move Acuna to center, Markakis to left and put Camargo in right. He has a cannon for an arm and it adds a switch hitter to the everyday lineup. Then Culberson and Riley are the two main backups.

Also, If Ender and Duvall are traded, then you move Acuna to center, Markakis to left and put Camargo in right. He has a cannon for an arm and it adds a switch hitter to the everyday lineup. Then Culberson and Riley are the two main backups.

Riley will not be brought up to be a backup.

I don’t think we’d be losing much, of anything on defense if Acuña played CF full time. Also I don’t care if ender is a “consistent” .280. Averages are pointless these days. A career year when he had 200 hits, he was still at a 98 wRC+. That’s hard to do. His career wRC+ is 93. No thanks.

What are the expectations of Riley defensively? Is he a slugger that just happens to play 3rd or is he a legit defensive player?

What are the expectations of Riley defensively? Is he a slugger that just happens to play 3rd or is he a legit defensive player?

Scouts all over are impressed with how hard he has worked to improve his third base defense. He grades out at an above average third baseman.

Camargo is totally unproven as an outfielder. His production has tanked this year as compared to last year. This is the problem with the NL East. If you have a handful pf players who underperform it can effect the entire team. Our biggest need by far is effective bullpen. Minter and Jackson implode in 9th and 0th last night giving away yet another game that we should have won.

Camargo is totally unproven as an outfielder. His production has tanked this year as compared to last year. This is the problem with the NL East. If you have a handful pf players who underperform it can effect the entire team. Our biggest need by far is effective bullpen. Minter and Jackson implode in 9th and 0th last night giving away yet another game that we should have won.

He is athletic and has a really good arm. If you can play short and third, then you can play right field. Corner outfield positions don't require specialty skill sets. I would bet sporadic playing time has a little to do with production.

Back