• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Hey, no trying to hijack your thread, but we are heading to Atlanta to see the Phillies when they are in town (sorry) on Friday & Saturday. I am hoping that we will still be in the race, but I doubt it.
I am bringing my sons who are in, or just out, of college. Would you recommend getting a hotel close to the park and trying to walk to the games for the 2 nights or something in Buckhead/Centennial park area?? Thanks in advance and I'm hoping you all don't get Soto or Ohtanhi, but would be cool as hell to see them play!

You doubt it? The series in 6 weeks? Wow.

Nice to see Ian have a strong 6 inning of shutout ball with 9 Ks. Have to win to keep up with Mets.

That's awesome. Good work Braves, congrats to Riley. Love how the Braves have been locking up their talent quickly and cleanly.

Traded for Odorizzi and Grossman. Oh, and we got rid of Will Smith!!

Iglesias could be a terrific pickup. Nice.

Loved me some Jesse C.

We did basically flip Newcomb for Iglesias which is wild. I guess Davidson had a shot at being at the back end of the rotation at some point but we didn’t have room for him so no big loss.

AA is going to have to dictate pitcher usage like last playoffs when Snitker all of sudden became perfect at it.

Albies progressing well.

Kirby Yates at age 35?
Soroka? He got hit in the knee in July and...

Who the heck knows. Albies, Yates or Soroka - any of those dudes could make a difference by September, early October.

Albies progressing well.

Kirby Yates at age 35?
Soroka? He got hit in the knee in July and...

Who the heck knows. Albies, Yates or Soroka - any of those dudes could make a difference by September, early October.

Grossman against lefties could be interesting. .999 ops

So i was thinking of getting a monthly MLB.tv subscription to watch Braves games (my daughter is a big fan)...
We don't have cable but I have a subaccount which we can stream Bally Sports south.

The 25 bucks a month isn't bad but I know MLB has some archaic blackout rules and wasn't sure if we would be able to stream online (i typed in my zip code and we are both blacked out for Atlanta AND Cincinatti).

So i was thinking of getting a monthly MLB.tv subscription to watch Braves games (my daughter is a big fan)...
We don't have cable but I have a subaccount which we can stream Bally Sports south.

The 25 bucks a month isn't bad but I know MLB has some archaic blackout rules and wasn't sure if we would be able to stream online (i typed in my zip code and we are both blacked out for Atlanta AND Cincinatti).

Why do you need it if you have a Bally account?

Back