• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

I'm not in a Bally area but my understanding was that Bally has no real streaming option, so you either watch it via traditional methods or you are toast. All blackouts are still blacked out for MLB.tv if they're blacked out in your area. The only help would be that you can easily VPN around MLB.tv blackout restrictions, although their viewer is still a total piece of shit.

Weird. When I was in SC I could stream the games from Bally. Can still stream them out here but obviously not in their blackout region.

Because I've tried streaming the bally account and it has shown it as blacked out. Was wondering if people had better luck with mlb.tv

Ahh. You have Bally but it’s not tied to the Braves’ region I would guess. So you’re not getting Bally SportsSouth/Carolinas/whatever else shows the Braves. If you are blacked out then there is no way around it other than a VPN. You could also see if you have a friend in the Bally Braves’ area that will share their login with you. That would work no matter where you are located.

Gotta worry about Phils creeping up from the rear (nice) while catching the Mets. Just win

Grissom just hit an upper deck home run to centerfield. Huge blast.

Grissom is about to make the Dansby decision this off-season more interesting. It’s super early, obviously, but if he keeps up this pace, it would be a lot easier to let Dansby walk, and spend that money on another OF power bat.

Dansby’s contract is gonna be fascinating to see how it shakes out given his very obvious struggles for 5.25 season.

The one problem with Grissom is that his SS defense in the minors has been suspect. It has been rumored that he may move to LF so it may or may not impact the Dansby decision.

Sign Dansby, teach Grissom to play left and don't rush Ozzie back, ditch Ozuna. They could keep Charlie Morton in that situation and still have a bunch of money to spend thanks to the awesome Acuna/Albies/Riley/Olson contracts. Really an amazing position they are in.

Matt Olson hit a home run to the top of the chop house and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ball hit that far

Great to see Morton dealing tonight and pitching like the ace the Braves need. 6 2/3 innings with 12 strikeouts is nasty and dominant, so hopefully a good sign and starts pitching more like the 2+ era you expect vs 4+.

Soroka pitched 4 innings of 1 hit ball with 8 Ks in Rome. 35/45 pitches for strikes. Could be a massive fresh weapon come playoff time, if he gets at least a few MLB quality starts under his belt.

Fried
Morton
Soroka
Strider
Wright
Anderson
Odorizzi

That’s quite the pitching depth for 7 game series, and could bolster an already strong pen. Even if Anderson and/or Odorizzi don’t return to form, you’re still in fine shape.

Last edited:
It’s a pretty fair deal for Harris, as it buys out his league minimum year and arb years left on his rookie deal. Obviously the club options are team friendly, but getting $72 million guaranteed while still in his rookie season is pretty solid at the cost of getting to FA a couple years later.

Back