• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Danny Manning the worst coach in ACC HISTORY?

Worst. Coach. Ever.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah. He's awful and completely not up to the job, obviously, but at least has an NCAAT appearance on the resume

Nah. He's awful and completely not up to the job, obviously, but at least has an NCAAT appearance on the resume

Manning sucks, and is no question historically awful but I think 2 NCAA appearances in 7 seasons as a head coach puts him out of the WOAT category

Hmm i’d have to think about some other candidates, but i think he’s certainly lapped redacted at this point.

Find me an ACC coach who had a worse team in year 5 with zero appearances in the top half of the league, zero appearances in the ACC tournament quarterfinals, zero appearances in the NCAA round of 64.

On that note, he probably is the worst ACC coach to ever have his contract extended. I think he'd be hard to beat there

Larry Shyatt? Dave Leitao? D’oh? I dunno it’s hard to compare. On one hand he did (sort of) make the tournament which Bzz never did, but OTOH he had way more talent and do so much less. Btw when’s the last time we won a game of any sort in the ACC tournament?

Maybe not statistically, but as a State guy whose teen years coincided with the Les Robinson years, yes. Yes he is the worst coach in ACC History. Manning sucks, and doesn't seem to know or care.

Doherty was 53-43 overall and 23-25 in ACC play.

Larry Shyatt went 70-84, 20-60 in ACC
Sidney Lowe was 86-78, 25-55 in ACC
Staak 45-69, 8-18 in ACC
Wade 36-50, 7-35 in ACC
redacted 34-60, 11-39 ACC

Bob Wade who had the benefit of playing against the staak teams

Back