• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Worst loss in 227 games with UNC

Kenny Smith is a dope and felt the need to upstage the nice Muggsy moment by referencing the game score earlier in the day. He is a poser whose analysis is banal.

Also I wish they would’ve shown Mugsy shaking hands with all the current stars on the sideline.

Kenny Smith is a dope and felt the need to upstage the nice Muggsy moment by referencing the game score earlier in the day. He is a poser whose analysis is banal.

You must be a joy at parties.

I pitched most of my deacon gear, day after he was hired. (manning) Writing was on the wall, Wellman no longer cares about college hoops. Haven't really watch NCAA Bball much since, sadly.

Simply not the homerun I was looking for.

How would have been the "homerun"?

The win moves Carolina's record against Wake at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum to 15-10. Given the tenor of the rivalry lately (the Tar Heels have now won five of the last six against the Deacs in Winston-Salem), that winning percentage almost seems a little low. Because the expanded conference has left these two teams as relatively infrequent rivals, however, it's easy to forget that there was a time Carolina struggled mightily to win here. In the late 1990's, Wake won four of five at LJVM, and this was consistently one of the toughest places to play in the league, with the spinning pinwheels behind the basket, the incredibly loud motorcycle wheeling onto the court in pregame, the tie-dye, and Tar Heel-hating fans proudly wearing their "Screw Carolina" buttons. The environment has changed considerably, and Roy Williams is now 8-3 against Wake at LJVM.

We don't need a new arena, we need the program back that used to fill that arena with the above.

We have gone from a program worthy of a motorcycle to this

vintage-yellow-toy-tricycle-isolated-black-background-105997260.jpg

The motorcycle needed to be retired 7-8 years ago. About the same time Wellman needed to be wheeled out to the courtyard at Guardian Care.

I like Manning's odds for establishing the all-time beatdown margin in the upcoming game at Duke as well.

Agree, Roy was nice enough to put the walk-ons in with about 5 minutes left while K will still have the starters in until about 2 minutes left.

My fear is he wins that game giving Wellman the excuse he needs to not fire him.

No need to worry about that. Heels beat us by 40 and were basically missing 3 of their players. The walk-ons played our starters even, at worst. We are terrible....

My fear is he wins that game giving Wellman the excuse he needs to not fire him.

Highly doubt it, although I think K has been easy on us in the past during the redacted years and did not run up the score. I admittedly have not paid attention recently, so I am not sure if he gives Manning the same curtesy.

Back