• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Player oversleeps for worst loss in Joel

Yeah but it’s only that 1-5% that matters. Wellman realized that a long time ago, and he puts all of his energy into fluffing them. Wake athletics are a rich man’s play thing. There’s a reason the Deacon Tower was built well before athletics facilities were upgraded,

It’s easier to stomach what’s happening and wisely leave Wake basketball to die when you realize this. You don’t matter. None of us do.

Great post and on the mark. Wellman has made it abundantly clear he really doesn't give two fucks about anyone outside the 1-5%. I wish all 500 of them well sitting in the Joel next season for basketball.

We suck at basketball because after the unexpected death of our coach our AD made an arguably but understandable bad decision to hire then extend an assistant who probably should have just been made interim, then fired him after a couple of postseason appearances and being ranked pretty darn high in the rankings, hired a bad coach and made an ass of himself while defending and extending said coach, then hired another even WORSE coach and has kept him around way too long. I don't know of conspiracy is the word but clearly our leader is inept at running an ACC basketball program, it's obvious to the thousands of fans who don't attend, and every other fanbase, yet our AD keeps cashing checks with no accountability from the "people at the table." It's a little worse than we just have a bad coach.

This is true. Wellman has done an absolutely terrible job with the bball program. But with one good hire it will all start trending in the right direction like football, baseball, soccer, tennis, etc. and the thought that Wake sports are "just a rich man's play thing" won't make any sense. Now, if Wellman can't make that hire, he should be fired before another bad decision is made.

Last edited:
Bless you guys who still go to the games. I mean it. Its good to know that someone out there still cares enough to go, because lord knows I don't.

This is true. Wellman has done an absolutely terrible job with the bball program. But with one good hire it will all start trending in the right direction like football, baseball, soccer, tennis, etc. and the thought that Wake sports are "just a rich man's play thing" won't make any sense. Now, if Wellman can't make that hire, he should be fired before another bad decision is made.

He can't and he should.

"Clearly, the team has quit on Manning." No way. How could you tell?

My biggest fear right now is that Wellman will drag his feet firing Danny. The after the most attractive , well known names are off the board he will give into public opinion and make a change too late, or just decide to keep Manning.

player oversleeps for marquee opponent tells me everything i need to know about Manning's leadership

The difference is that no one would hold Manning accountable.

You are correct. I heard a little of the post game where he was asked about Hoard. And he gave some BS about not living up to or meeting his responsibilities to the team. And I yelled at the radio- "You have been doing that for 5 years now!"

rIArRgh.png

He'll be fired at the end of the year. Then we'll hire another coach and give him at least 4 years. Hopefully it will be a really good hire, like Clawson.

Hopefully it is but right now I feel its about 40-60 the hire is a disappointing one and the next coach sucks as well.

Me and some buds laughed about the loss in a bar after the game (which none of us even watched).

Hopefully it is but right now I feel its about 40-60 the hire is a disappointing one and the next coach sucks as well.

Me and some buds laughed about the loss in a bar after the game (which none of us even watched).

If DeacWatcher has stopped watching, then who is watching the Deacs????

Quis custodiet ipsos diaconibus????

Last edited:
Back