• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Talent

Deac65

Joe Amonett
Reaction score
After reading all of the threads concerning our dumpster fire of a basketball program, I am in agreement with most of the conclusions. The obvious problem is DM(and of course RW). Of all the deficiencies, IMHO it basically comes down to talent. We have no one that would play for a mid or upper level ACC team. It's discouraging to see the difference in the level of the other teams. Other teams have two or more guys that can knock down open shots and we have no one that we can count on to consistently make shots from game to game. Our freshmen have been under whelming. For every decent game one of our players, they disappear in others. We obviously have no strong inside presence. It's all about recruiting. For whatever reason(player evaluation, not able to attract elite talent, etc., DM has failed. Our best recruit has been inconsistent and the others non factors. Pretty much the same story with previous classes, many which are no longer here. Until we get AC level talent the other parts pf coaching won't matter. DM has to go(should have already happened). The only problem with that is the next coach would be hired by someone who is 0 for 3 on coaching decisions(1. short lease on Dino, 2. hiring and long leash on named redacted and 3. same with the current coach.

That is why we HAVE to hire a proven commodity like a Thad Matta or someone like him. We CANNOT afford to take more risk at this point. We must have a guy who has proven he can get the job done on the recruiting trail, on the court, in the classroom and in the living room.

I don't mean to be snarky but it is unclear to me why you started a thread to declare you agree w everyone that manning has to go.

Freshman talent for most part is always good game bad game. Really only one and done talent is consistent from game to game at the college level.

Back