• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Torn

ResilientDeac

Reaction score
Ugh I hate feeling this way. On the one hand I want Wake to win and love watching it happen.... on the other hand I want Danny gone so bad and every win muddies that water. Ugh.

Anything short of basically running the table AND winning the ACC Tourney just shows me that we have been woefully underachieving for the last two years (could say 4) and just is more of a case that Danny should be fired.

So with that in mind I can safely pull for the players to win on a game by game basis.

You gotta survive somehow through this shit.

Last edited:
I'm happy for the guys on the team getting some wins. A few this late in the season shouldn't have much impact on who next season's coaching staff might be.

ACC Sports Journal opined that a couple of wins against the cellar dwellers won’t make any difference.

haqtfc

I dare say probably 90% of the board feels this way.Pulling for Wake and the kids is admirable but the long term health of the program depends on getting rid of Manning and Wellman. It is an interesting and conflicting dichotomy but one we are stuck with, and personally I just don't get as down when we lose but still am happy when we win.

Especially since we're one of the cellar dwellers. :(

Now a bunch of teams with 3-10 records in the ACC.

Like crabs in a pot of boiling water will pull back down into the pot any that attempt to climb out.

If Wellman was going to fire Danny, this didn't change his mind. If he doesn't fire Danny then it was because he never had any intention of doing so. Enjoy the win

ACC Sports Journal opined that a couple of wins against the cellar dwellers won’t make any difference.

Feels like this is true regardless of the decision. If he's fired, beating our fellow dregs won't change that. If he's staying, then clearly W/L and player attrition have no bearing on the decision.

If beating a bad (pot calling the kettle I know) ND team late in the season is what saves Danny's job, then I don't think Ron was really going to get rid of him in the first place. Enjoy the win for the kids and look forward to Danny still likely gone at the end of the season.

If Wellman was going to fire Danny, this didn't change his mind. If he doesn't fire Danny then it was because he never had any intention of doing so. Enjoy the win

Absolutely. I have no doubt 99.9% of fans still watching Wake hoops want a change, but I'm almost 100% Wellman has no intentions of making a coaching change. For everyone's sanity, I hope he does but I wouldn't get my hopes up on it being any better.

Oh come on, root for the players. Last night was a good win for them. And if 3 (or 4 or 5) ACC wins in year 5 are enough for Danny to keep his job, 2 wins would be as well. His overall body of work is unequivocally unsuccessful, so one or two more wins won't change anything.

Back