• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Right Wing Terrorists in the Military

It’s kind of like the horseshoe theory where the far left and the far right are the same crazy. While both sides want a major disruption of the way things are, the one side wants to tax millionaires and give free stuff to people and has some wacky ideas while the other side would be happy to just straight up murder those that they don’t agree with, I.e minorities, immigrants, the far left.

And the current president lives in that echo chamber.

When the POTUS is a member of that echo chamber, we have a problem.

the POTUS also doesn't know things his administration is doing if he doesn't hear it on Fox News. for example, the reporting that his admin is trying to get homosexuality decriminalized around the world. a reporter asked him about it and he said he had no idea. why? Fox hasn't touched it.

The "Fox News problem" is really the problem of the conservative media echo chamber -- Breitbart, Daily Wire, Limbaugh, Fox News, Federalist, right wing twitter, etc., etc. That's the problem -- in addition to easy access to guns.

And the current president lives in that echo chamber.

When the POTUS is a member of that echo chamber, we have a problem.

The whole party is part of that echo chamber.

Yep x 3.

Which non-right wing terrorist organizations? Are you making the old “NAACP is as bad as the KKK” argument?

And which anti-fascist terrorist incidents?

You’re saying these things as if their basic facts without actually citing sources.

We’ve been over this a few times in the tunnels. The notion that left-wing terrorist are as active and dangerous as right wing is ridiculous. I don’t remember the exact numbers but an independent analysis showed that when comparing Muslim, left wing and tight wing violence the right wing far out weighs left wing and Islamic inspired terrorism (I linked to it just a few months ago). Left wingers account for something like 15 deaths over the last 20 years and over 50% of those came from that one incident in Dallas. The rest are from extreme animal rights groups that firebombed some animal testing facilities in California. It’s a ridiculous premise that these are equal and opposite problems.” and Junebug should be embarrassed by the assertion.

Oh definitely. I just want to see Junebug say who he's talking about.

Oh definitely. I just want to see Junebug say who he's talking about.

I knew that, I was just responding to your post rather than Junebugs because I didn't want to quote and repost that garbage false equivalency.

The whole party is part of that echo chamber.

Excellent point, teach.

Everyone here on *cough* The Tunnels *cough* knows the Dem Party has no echo chambers.

Vox, Daily Kos, the NYTimes, NPR, WaPo, MSNBC, and CNN (just to name a few) are accepting and tolerant of all political views and have their finger on the pulse of mainstream America.

Comparing the NYT and Wapo to the breitbart and such :: comparing left wing terrorism to right wing terrorism problem.

Excellent point, teach.

Everyone here on *cough* The Tunnels *cough* knows the Dem Party has no echo chambers.

Vox, Daily Kos, the NYTimes, NPR, WaPo, MSNBC, and CNN (just to name a few) are accepting and tolerant of all political views and have their finger on the pulse of mainstream America.

Can you name some important current events/topics you feel that they're not covering?

What's the definition of mainstream America?

I'm pretty sure mainstream America voted for Hillary and rebuked Trump massively in 2018. The only thing that kept 2018 even sort of close is gerrymandering.

Junebug, I agree there is a breakdown in the ways you laid out. But that misses the point which is that right wing media emboldens these people. I’m not convinced that if you shut down Fox News or whatever that these people would still commit their crimes. Is there data to prove that? Because the data we have shows that they act on their feelings instilled by right wing media or trumps twitter account. In other words, we know for a fact these people act based on what they see or hear, but we don’t know how they’d act if they didn’t see or hear the “fake news enemy of the people” mantra. Hence, we must conclude that right wing media does influence their decisions and something needs to be done about that.

Would this guy even know who to put on his hit list without conservative media?

Excellent point, teach.

You post the same thought with minor variations over and over. What is your actual opinion on the subject of this story and whether or not he was influenced by right wing media? You seem to always avoid Commenting on the subject matter.

As someone said, lol at comparing WaPo or NYT to Brietbart or Rush Limbaugh or Fox News. C’mon, man.

Pigeonholing this as a “Fox news” problem, like several on this thread did, is like looking at a carpet through a straw. That’s why I invoked antifa, but I could have invoked any number of non-right wing domestic terroritsts.

The problem isn’t Fox News. The problem is much bigger than that—a complete breakdown of the moral fiber of the citizenry, untreated mental illness, and easy access to weapons of war, among other things.

Has there been a rise in right-wing domestic terrorism? Yes. But you could shut down Fox News tomorrow and it wouldn’t change that trajectory. I don’t have all the answers, but “Faux News!!!11ARGH” obscures the problem.

But you didn't bring anyone else up. You brought up the RW's biggest, false boogeyman.

There has never been another major news broadcast network in the United States that can compare with the partisanship and lies that are the backbones of Fox News. Your failed, nonsensical whataboutism is Fox brainwashing 101.

Junebug, how would you recommend rebuilding the moral fiber of society that leads to guys like this member of the US Armed Forces?

Junebug, how would you recommend rebuilding the moral fiber of society that leads to guys like this member of the US Armed Forces?

heroic-portrait-of-hitler-youth-everett.jpg

GERyouth3.jpg

00hitlerY1.jpg

Either the Coast Guard recruited a white nationalist terrorist or developed one. And either way, they trained him.

But you didn't bring anyone else up. You brought up the RW's biggest, false boogeyman.

There has never been another major news broadcast network in the United States that can compare with the partisanship and lies that are the backbones of Fox News. Your failed, nonsensical whataboutism is Fox brainwashing 101.

Go tell that to CBS News 60 Minutes reporter,Lara Logan.

Either the Coast Guard recruited a white nationalist terrorist or developed one. And either way, they trained him.

they’ve been running joint exercises with the Chicago PD

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...-police-rigged-investigation-to-harm-smollet/

“Advocate magazine editor Zach Stafford on Thursday suggested that the Chicago Police Department leaked information to harm Jussie Smollett because the police officers support President Donald Trump.

After admitting on MSNBC that Smollett has done “tremendous damage” because the right-wing is now saying that “victim narratives” are “rampant and not true,” Stafford, the editor-in-chief of the LGBT publication, suggested that police officers conducted their investigation in way that would harm Smollett.

Stafford said LGBT figures who initially supported Smollett, who has been accused of paying two Nigerian-American brothers to attack him, are “sprinting” about what to do next and “really frantic” behind the scenes, wondering, “how do we correct this message?”

Back