• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time to ban Lectro from this site

Has he condemned the NZ Muslim slaughter yet who found inspiration in Trump and Owens yet? I mean he’s all about condemning Omar’s words, I hope he applies equal opportunity condemnation here.

Or maybe he’s just a fraud who talks a lot of game and never follows through.

censorship has many problems; one of which is that the people deciding what and who is to be censored are usually the last people on earth to whom you would want to entrust decisions of censorship

NWd6J3c.jpg

Last edited:
just put him in one thread. his constant personal attacks and propaganda spamming actively drives people away from participating

Bump to remind that Lectro peddles in the same kind of anti-immigrant, islamophobic hate speech that radicalizes young white men like the NZ terrorist. But he's still welcome in this community. Why?

Because it's an internet message board....?

you guys are weird. if you went to a quiet dive bar or coffee shop and every day or so some asshole came in and was being loud and obnoxious about politics/sports/whatever the first few times you might laugh it off but at some point ignoring it would be pointless and you'd stop going.

you guys are weird. if you went to a quiet dive bar or coffee shop and every day or so some asshole came in and was being loud and obnoxious about politics/sports/whatever the first few times you might laugh it off but at some point ignoring it would be pointless and you'd stop going.

The difference is in one scenario you have real world interactions, whereas the other is a message board. You can legitimately ignore someone on these forums and cannot do that in a public, social environment.

The difference is in one scenario you have real world interactions, whereas the other is a message board. You can legitimately ignore someone on these forums and cannot do that in a public, social environment.

In this scenario the ignore feature is more like turning the asshole into a gray cloud that continues to pop up/zoom around and occasionally other people record what the gray cloud is saying and play it out loud for you to hear.

LOL at posters defending lectro. He's clearly either a troll or completely insane. There's simply no way a reasonably normal and sane person would post the way he does, and do so incessantly. I suspect that he's a troll, but either way arguing that he's a necessary antidote to "board progressives" is rather absurd, given that 99% of his posts have no point whatsoever, beyond highly personal insults and being either cut-and-paste jobs or completely incoherent rambling that's almost impossible to follow. His posts almost never have any coherent ideas, philosophy, or point beyond "TRUMP RULZ TO 2024! SUCK IT LIBS!" If conservatives need the likes of lectro to bring "balance" to the board, that's a pretty sad commentary on the current state of conservatism, imo.

In this scenario the ignore feature is more like turning the asshole into a gray cloud that continues to pop up/zoom around and occasionally other people record what the gray cloud is saying and play it out loud for you to hear.

That's fair. I just don't think Lec deserves to be banned but maybe the mods should give him a limit on threads he can create per week, but even that is a bit extreme, though justifiable.

Biff needs to go ahead and decide how he's going to handle this before it gets outta hand.

The billions made in headphone sales says otherwise. :)

LOL at posters defending lectro. He's clearly either a troll or completely insane. There's simply no way a reasonably normal and sane person would post the way he does, and do so incessantly. I suspect that he's a troll, but either way arguing that he's a necessary antidote to "board progressives" is rather absurd, given that 99% of his posts have no point whatsoever, beyond highly personal insults and being either cut-and-paste jobs or completely incoherent rambling that's almost impossible to follow. His posts almost never have any coherent ideas, philosophy, or point beyond "TRUMP RULZ TO 2024! SUCK IT LIBS!" If conservatives need the likes of lectro to bring "balance" to the board, that's a pretty sad commentary on the current state of conservatism, imo.

I'm more against banning free speech than the individual and the content.

just put him in one thread. his constant personal attacks and propaganda spamming actively drives people away from participating

TITCR

Troll, true believer or whatever, dude needs to be in his own thread.

And yea, Sailor citing “censorship” defending a guy who has been banned for threatening violence to posters, belittles people daily, is bigoted, welches in bets, spams, etc is super lame. ITC nailed it; keep fighting the good fight though.

It’s also not censorship if he’s relegated to one thread.

I'm more against banning free speech than the individual and the content.

Given that his first banning was apparently for threatening physical violence and even death threats against certain posters, I'd say that lectro is stretching the "free speech" idea pretty thin, especially given that his speech consists mostly of insults and trolling. Nonetheless, limiting him to a few threads while still letting him post seems like a reasonable suggestion.

Trump: it could get 'very bad' if military, police, biker supporters play ‘tough’

Nm

Last edited:
Back