• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Boeheim just killed a man

not really, still factual.

if you called your wife after something like this, wouldn't you say "I just killed someone" vs "I unintentionally hit someone with my car, which caused them to die"?

It's the context: it's a WF message board talking about Jim Boeheim. In this context you read "killed a man" and you think he must have murdered someone. When we refer to Boeheim it is almost never good.

Oh well, it is what it is at this point.

It's the context: it's a WF message board talking about Jim Boeheim. In this context you read "killed a man" and you think he must have murdered someone. When we refer to Boeheim it is almost never good.

Oh well, it is what it is at this point.

why do you care so much?

It's objectively poor form, but I've become desensitized by viewing his threads in The Tunnels.

You're projecting. There's no implication in the words. There's bias in your reading of the words.

why do you care so much?

Honestly it's the recognition that a man's life ended and what that must mean for his family and friends; but also what it means for Boeheim himself. His life was changed last night. That's just some heavy stuff. I don't want to get to the place that I can read things like this without feeling something. I am not a Boeheim fan; but I would hate to be in his place.

That's all.

If Jim Boeheim had the wisdom and discipline from coaching football this never would have happened.

was going to make a joke that at least our coaches don't kill people... but then remembered last summer

Moonzzz suspended 30 minutes for insensitive thread title.

Mebane, buddy, you tell me how you want to handle this moving forward

Moonz everybody on this board holds you in the same regard as your wife did so you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Back